Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

Just after I posted about Cami's great progress...she soaked my bed, GRRRRR
I'd only let her on for a brief time, left the room and there ya go. I'd put my goose
down featherbed and nice comforter back on my bed too! Since we've been going
thru this so long and she's an adult, 5 y/o, and had just finished (she looked guilty)
she got a very stern talking too, one smack on her butt to emphasize my displeasure,
and marched outside!

Do you know, since that day a week ago, she barks and then goes to the door, right
out, does her business immediately, poos & PEES. Not ONE accident and again, barking
to let me know is new. I think she's finally...put it all together and understands what she
needs to do...I'm so happy! Hang in there, my friend...if a 5 y/o can learn so can he.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Yeah, inquiring minds want to know!

Just after I posted about Cami's great progress...she soaked my bed, GRRRRR
I'd only let her on for a brief time, left the room and there ya go. I'd put my goose
down featherbed and nice comforter back on my bed too! Since we've been going
thru this so long and she's an adult, 5 y/o, and had just finished (she looked guilty)
she got a very stern talking too, one smack on her butt to emphasize my displeasure,
and marched outside!

Do you know, since that day a week ago, she barks and then goes to the door, right
out, does her business immediately, poos & PEES. Not ONE accident and again, barking
to let me know is new. I think she's finally...put it all together and understands what she
needs to do...I'm so happy! Hang in there, my friend...if a 5 y/o can learn so can he.

sign0142.gif
Carol

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
He freaked out pretty hard about the crate. So to a way more structured routine and he has seem to take to it very well. Plus I think he missed my wife bc since she has been home he has not had 1 accident lol

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ok so had a few accidents and I figured it out. He wont go outside if its to hot. It was like 93 out during the day while I was gone at work and I thought about the other times he had accidents and it was also very hot out. So any ideas on how to combat this?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He just wont poop outside. I walk him like 4 times a day and he just wont do it for whatever reason. The really weird part is if I see him walking and sniffing around the apartment like he is going to go I will take him out immediately and he will just walk around and not go lol.

when you potty trained him did you have a command? My neighbors still laugh at me because in the dead of winter i was outside telling brutus "Good Poopy!" He is 8mos old and if i see him just running around or not paying attention to what he is outside for I will tell him good poopy and he will go to his spot and poop. Maybe you can leash him and try training him over again with a command.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I would suggest getting the crate out and starting over. You may need to take him walking a bit as well to get the body flowing. I honestly think that no matter how much you clean the carpet the smell never really gets out due to the padding underneath. Good luck!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Ok so had a few accidents and I figured it out. He wont go outside if its to hot. It was like 93 out during the day while I was gone at work and I thought about the other times he had accidents and it was also very hot out. So any ideas on how to combat this?
Funny you mention the heat, a week or so ago we had a nasty heat wave and Raven was refusing to go outside. She would do her damndest to hold it until the sun went down to go out there and poo.

Most Reactions