Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice Needed - Bulldog Puppy Will Not Walk Away From Condo Building

Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman Thor
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Advice Needed - Bulldog Puppy Will Not Walk Away From Condo Building

We had the same issues with our Norman. He did not like to walk when we first got him. Once he was around the corner from the house it was much better, but that first 1/2 block was tough. The key for us was to keep consistent pressure on his lead (attached to a harness). When I would feel him trying to stop/sit, a firm tug and sternly saying "walk" would keep him going. He now enjoys walking, though he is still a little stubborn getting out of the drive. Once to the street, no issues.

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Advice Needed - Bulldog Puppy Will Not Walk Away From Condo Building

Agnes HATED going on walks until she was about six months old. It was a daily struggle. But then I had her spayed and she wasn't allowed to walk for ten days. Our first walk ten days after surgery was the most enthusiastic I had ever seen her, and since then she's been a great little walker! Maybe she didn't appreciate it until she had to stay cooped up in the house for so long!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads