Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
View attachment 58764This is a very funny picture to share. Gretchen is spoiled and she loves nap time. when the kids lay down for a nap she has to have her own nap mat and pillow and sometimes blanket.

This made me burst out laughing...bullies are such divas!

Thank you & GOD bless you for adopting her and hanging in there
so long, I am filled with respect, admiration & pride as I know how
much it takes to do so. She looks wonderful...great job!
:2thumbs:

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What an amazing job you have been doing with her, she is beautiful, yes just love the photo of her napping, she is so lucky you found her, what a terrible life she must have had beforehand, no wonder she is so unsure how to act. I hope for future progress.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Sounds like you are doing great and she is making great progress!! Love the pic with her on her mat!! She is a good looking girl! Be sure to come back more often!

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Been a while since I have been in. Hopefully someone remembers me and my problems with my rescue Gretchen. We were finally able to come up with money for a training session. It didn't take long to get her going on the right track. She suggested a training collar and our $30 investment has been the best investment ever. She only had to use the sound/vibration setting. She still won't leave cat alone. That's my next step. That may never resolve. Seems its her natural instinct not to like the cat. We still have house accidents. Training a puppy is easy but a 3 year old dog isn't so easy. I think alot is spite. She doesn't bite me any longer when I take stuff. Her aggression is 99% gone. She doesn't chase the kids on bikes or bite when when swinging. She comes when called and leaves stuff most time when asked once. She hides under table still but I can get her out if I am calm. Huge improvement in a month. I'm sure I will be posting in here again. Still have so many bull dog questions. Thanks for all help thus far. She actually has gained a healthy weigh and looks good. She's healthy but keeps getting UTI. We had some very strong medicine and got rid of it but it comes back. She still likes to eat everything she sees which scares me. Is this normal? I try to keep stuff up just as I would with a child but she always finds something .

What kind of training collar? Shock?

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
Yes it's shock - very light but I don't have to use that. I just use the noise vibration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes it's shock - very light but I don't have to use that. I just use the noise vibration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

We we use thus for Banks too.... Only way to break her once in 'the zone'

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Gretchen sure is beautiful I absolutely LOVE the pic of her on her mat with her own blanket. Sheldon claimed one of my son's old comforters and won't give it up I have to wait till he is outside to wash it because otherwise it ends up a tug of war with him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online