Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sheldon doesn't seem to be effected by the loud noises but he freaks out if anything is out of place we redid the kitchen and for a week he stood in the kitchen and barked at the bare wall like it was going to gobble him up. I have video some where.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Let's talk fireworks....

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    For many (MANY) years, I was the drunken idiot that enjoyed fireworks displays of all sort. LIVED for them, in fact. July 4th was my favorite "holiday" and I celebrated with zeal. I can't tell you how many great fireworks displays I've passed out drunk at and never even saw. GOOD TIMES!
    why, oh why, does this NOT surprise me!!!???
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    why, oh why, does this NOT surprise me!!!???
    *snork* Someday I will tell you about my career traveling with the carnival. Yes. I was a "carnie" for a brief summer! But back to the matter at hand, last night was ROUGH. And I am putting it mildly. Mr. Boom Boom aimed his fireworks show my direction so the dogs had a front row seat to sound AND visual display, there in the master bedroom. Bo did better than Bea. She was fit to be tied. Bo kept looking at me like, "Make it STOP." Poor boy. I don't know how much that dude spent on fireworks but his display rivaled that of any local municipality's display. Just when I think he was "winding down" here'd come another BOOM and a glorious shower of color in the sky. Incredible. At one point, it seemed as though a neighbor down the way (directly behind my neighbor, Bob's) was attempting a "fireworks contest" of sorts with my neighbor. So that was fun.

Next year I am going to rent a cabin (hell, a shack would be fine) in the woods somewhere after I google "QUIETEST 4th" and "Prison terms for fireworks users" and most importantly, "dog friendly". There has to be somewhere to get away from these things.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Ok so I realize that there are folks that like to hear things blow up especially if the initiated it. But really @ 10:00 pm and later? What happened to decency? So there will be a big annual fireworks by the lake in the middle of downtown or uptown as the case may be. [ I look forward to not going again this year ] You would think that would be enough but oh no after that some folks will scamper back home and try their own mini versions. And folks that didn't buy any fireworks would usually grab their firearms and shoot several rounds, but with the high price of ammo this year it may curtail some of that but I ain't betting on it. Why not just buy a case of beer and watch a rerun of the Patriot or Saving Ryan's privates?
    I agree 100%... I heard stuff going off till 12am last night!!! I heard gunfire too... I gave our doggies Kong's stuffed w/peanut butter & we turned up the TV. Winston did great, could care less he was interested in stealing Roxie's Kong more than anything else!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

*snork* Someday I will tell you about my career traveling with the carnival. Yes. I was a "carnie" for a brief summer! But back to the matter at hand, last night was ROUGH. And I am putting it mildly. Mr. Boom Boom aimed his fireworks show my direction so the dogs had a front row seat to sound AND visual display, there in the master bedroom. Bo did better than Bea. She was fit to be tied. Bo kept looking at me like, "Make it STOP." Poor boy. I don't know how much that dude spent on fireworks but his display rivaled that of any local municipality's display. Just when I think he was "winding down" here'd come another BOOM and a glorious shower of color in the sky. Incredible. At one point, it seemed as though a neighbor down the way (directly behind my neighbor, Bob's) was attempting a "fireworks contest" of sorts with my neighbor. So that was fun.

Next year I am going to rent a cabin (hell, a shack would be fine) in the woods somewhere after I google "QUIETEST 4th" and "Prison terms for fireworks users" and most importantly, "dog friendly". There has to be somewhere to get away from these things.

HOLY CRAP!!! Come stay with me.... nothing, not a boom. I heard a few off in the distance, but the pups did not even twist an ear.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It was pretty quiet here too we have an ordinance in our town that outlaws the use of fireworks in town unless done by a pyrotechnics professional meaning they have to be licensed in this state for pyrotechnics.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    HOLY CRAP!!! Come stay with me.... nothing, not a boom. I heard a few off in the distance, but the pups did not even twist an ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    It was pretty quiet here too we have an ordinance in our town that outlaws the use of fireworks in town unless done by a pyrotechnics professional meaning they have to be licensed in this state for pyrotechnics.
    I gotta go to PA or AR to get some quiet? Holy cow. LOL

Real Name
    Mike
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kiah (Kee-aah)
    Likes (Received)

It got a bit crazy here, I live right by the beach in a very active neighborhood. The tv and radio did drown out a lot, but the mortars were going off all around us. Lol I felt like I was trapped in a bunker with her. The good news was, she didnt cower or shake at all. She just went into guard mofe a few times and told those fireworks how she felt! Each time I redirected her amd she was fine. I didnt dare take her outside though.

I hope the rest of you had an easy night!
    Everyday I see an improvement. Everyday she respects and trusts me even more. I'm honored that she chose me...

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

LOL@Saving Ryan's Privates.

For many (MANY) years, I was the drunken idiot that enjoyed fireworks displays of all sort. LIVED for them, in fact. July 4th was my favorite "holiday" and I celebrated with zeal. I can't tell you how many great fireworks displays I've passed out drunk at and never even saw. GOOD TIMES!
    This sounds like me up until a few years ago. Now it is just another day off from work for me to either spend on the boat or just have an old fashioned BBQ with our friends.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I gotta go to PA or AR to get some quiet? Holy cow. LOL
    LMBO!!!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

OMG... They are still shooting off fireworks here!!! It's been 3 nights in a row... Sheesh!!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

All's quiet here

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads