How to discipline?

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Does anyone have advice on how to discipline the new little guy,I know he still a puppy and doesn't know better but it seems like no matter how many times I say "no" to whatever he shouldn't be doing it doesn't phase him.thanks in advance for the help

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Give it time as he is still learning manners. If he is chewing or biting on something he shouldn't a firm no and redirect to an appropriate toy for him to chew on. If it is you he is chewing on a firm ow and redirect will work too. You can also fill a coffee can with beans, pennies or rocks and shake it vigorously and say no as well. Just about anything to grab their attention quickly and then redirect.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Any correction has to be done immediately, practically while they are still in the process of what we don't want them doing. If it comes too late then they won't know what they are being corrected for but will connect it to what they are doing when corrected. But the little guy is still a puppy and is learning so as others have stated patience and persistence

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Its not too early to begin basic obedience. Start out very small and he will learn that when he listens, he will get treated. :) Ive seen videos of 10 week old pups staying in place for a good 30-60 seconds. Along with sits and downs. It was almost too robotic for me. Puppyhood doesnt last forever, cherish it while you can. All while teaching proper manners.

Thats the one regret I have about Kiah I didnt get her a puppy. I really wish I knew the dog that was there before all the abuse and neglect. Them again if I was, she wouldnt have had to deal with it.

Check out SIRIUS puppy training. There are lots of youtube videos about it. Dr.Dunbar is amazing, I talk about him too much, haha.

OP
Owens

Owens

Jun 16, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Well I have been doing the whole redirecting if biting or chewing thing,and it literally seems to have started working better right after i posted this or he may have just been getting sleepy,but I do appreciate all the help you guys are aWesome

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well I have been doing the whole redirecting if biting or chewing thing,and it literally seems to have started working better right after i posted this or he may have just been getting sleepy,but I do appreciate all the help you guys are aWesome

:up: Just stick with it! This is his first lesson in..You are The Boss!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

GREAT.... stay the course him -- routine and consistency is the key

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Welcome to EBN.......... repetitive and repetitive....did i say repetitive.....and lots of patience....:)

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
I love how we are all so like minded. Everyday its the same routine for the trauma drama mama and I. Structure is "Ki" hahaha

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online