Help Needed! peeing on everything soft

AshleyandMolly

Jun 9, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I adopted a 3 year old eb a month ago and for the last two weeks after being outside and peeing she comes in and pees on something ... her bed blankets the couch even a sock !!!! She knows its bad because she tries to hide it by folding the blankets over !!! N e idea why she may be doing this ?

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
[MENTION=9075]AshleyandMolly[/MENTION] Hey welcome to my world!! Mac is about a year and a half and has been peeing on any bed, blanking, pile of clothes he can get his paws on since we got him at 5 months and then curls up to sleep in it. He never gets a soft bed and the only time he gets a blankie is if he's on the couch by me, like right now for instance he's all curled up on top of a blanket cuz he know's it's a hard kennel tonight. LOL. He gets a diaper rash when he gets ahold of something and I don't realize it and rinse off his underbelly, too. I don't know why they do it though:nope:

Shannon Cascioli

Mar 9, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules and Ariel
Our male does this! He peed on their pillow 3 days in a row, after being in trouble for it and it having to be washed. He does it on blankets and pillows.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They are marking, claiming these as their areas....

Remove all bedding from crates and it can help, but still on occasion even one of my adults will mark some stuff for no apparent reason..... Otis just peed on my couch yesterday, only because I put a fresh clean blanket on it to cover it! Stinkers!

Hopefully others will have some advice, even as adults sometimes they must claim what is theirs. It took a long time to break them of this. Molly used to pee on the rug by the front door-- and she did not NEED to go.... it was just the smallest amount of piddle..... finally I just took the rug up for many months and then when I put it back down, she never did it again. I think she was claiming our home, since everyone comes in from the front door. She never did it to the back door....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I adopted a 3 year old eb a month ago and for the last two weeks after being outside and peeing she comes in and pees on something ... her bed blankets the couch even a sock !!!! She knows its bad because she tries to hide it by folding the blankets over !!! N e idea why she may be doing this ?

We have rescued many adult dogs. Every one of them went thru a stage where they retreated into puppy behavior. If there are no physical problems, that require a vet visit, understand this is her feeling at home. As they become more comfortable, they will pee, poo and chew! Even though they know better. This you must stop, because she needs to know YOU are the boss. Give her an intense review of puppy housebreaking. Outside every hour, after eating and playing. DO NOT let her on the furniture until this is under control. The best way to stop it, is put her on a leash while in the house..where you go, she goes. No roaming. She's a smart girl and will catch on immediately, but if allowed to, this can be a lifelong issue.

@AshleyandMolly Hey welcome to my world!! Mac is about a year and a half and has been peeing on any bed, blanking, pile of clothes he can get his paws on since we got him at 5 months and then curls up to sleep in it. He never gets a soft bed and the only time he gets a blankie is if he's on the couch by me, like right now for instance he's all curled up on top of a blanket cuz he know's it's a hard kennel tonight. LOL. He gets a diaper rash when he gets ahold of something and I don't realize it and rinse off his underbelly, too. I don't know why they do it though:nope:

Same here..no access to soft stuff until he stops this. No sofa..nothing. Sounds mean I know..but how awful to have a dog with a lifelong habit like this!

Our male does this! He peed on their pillow 3 days in a row, after being in trouble for it and it having to be washed. He does it on blankets and pillows.

Sadly, same here! If they are peeing on your stuff..they are disrespecting you. Back to basics..and no access to this stuff until he gets the picture.. He will!

same problem here, terrible all stinks

Be consistent..be in charge. :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Hey Ashley, and Molly…. Welcome to EBN, sounds like you got some really good advice up there……. Be the leader, and take charge, or be manipulated and taken advantage of. :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online