Urgent! ?*$#%!!! Biting!!!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I believe 99.9% of us on this site have gone through exactly what you are going through now ... and we are all still alive to tell the tale .... so it does get better!!!

Indeed, this is par for the course. You have gotten great advice, redirect to chew toys, loud no, OUCH, and time outs when they get tired and fussy. All these help but it seems the biggest help is time itself. It is almost miraculous how it slows down when they get their adult teeth. So until then you have to endure and get a little respite by using the techniques that others have mentioned. When Ace was younger my forearms always had fresh wounds and healing wounds. Now they are back to normal. Ace still wants to put his mouth on you some but its nothing like it was before, those shark teeth are lethal.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I know it's tough now, but it will get better. Dudley is almost 2 and 1/2 and I couldn't live without him now, but there was a time...when I would have given him away (not really, but he drove me crazy). I have two pair of jeans I keep -- with tooth marks from Dudley! He was a mess. The advice everyone has given is solid -- all stuff I did and it worked. I also had a great trainer -- even though he was only about 12 - 14 week old -- and when he got nippy, I would do his training homework with him. It settled him down and he was tired afterwards. He would take a nap and be my sweet boy once again. The biting stopped when he was about 20 - 22 months old. He still loves to chew on his antlers every chance he gets, be he never "bites". Bullies are wonderful and sweet and stubborn. You have to be in charge -- took me a while to get that part of the deal! Now, he still gets cranky when he's tired...barks, growls at me, -- next thing I know, he's snoring and he's a sweetheart when he wakes up. Good luck -- it's so worth the initial aggravation! :yes:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Haven't had an eb puppy but from what everyone else says, this is totally normal. Many have referred to the pups as sharks. :lol: redirect the attention to a chew toy and keep consistent.

KentuckyBully

Jun 28, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey and Minnie
Your puppy is bored and needs things to do. Puppy also needs exercise and playtime. A tired puppy is a happy puppy. The best advise I can give you is to take puppy to a positive puppy training class for you, family and puppy. Using objects to startle will only make things worse. Gets kongs, toys, and treats and reward constantly for behavior.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online