Duke pees when excited to see people.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
hahahaja- when my walkers told me he didn't do it when they came - I started leaning towards more of a submissive pee,

Maybe you can keep a high value treat in your pocket for when you come in the door. Engage his nose -- don't give him the treat -- and ask him to walk outside with you to get it. I'm thinking that keeping his mind busy on something might help? Once outside, then he can do his celebratory dance (you are home after all) and get the cookie and perhaps potty on the grass.

Submissive peeing - what DO you do, I wonder? I'm curious of there are others with solutions for this........!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Any advice guys? Duke pizzles a little when he gets excited to see people. I had a dog growing up that did this and we were never able to break the habbit. Anyone got any advice to try to break this habbit ? I been getting a treat and making him focus his attention on that when I first come home or in the mornings when I take him out of his crate. It seems to work about half the time. Any other suggestions? I sure would hate for him not to break this habbit. BTW he's doing much better on potty training! Never goes #2 in house and never has and might have a pee accident maybe once in a day. Not including when he gets excited when I get home.

Is that a Hungarian thing?? :tongue:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy piddles.... these tend to be out grown, but I hope you can train him by using treats to distract

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.