Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 18 of 18

Thread: Duke pees when excited to see people.

  1. #13
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Duke pees when excited to see people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    My dog walkers come in 3-4 times a day and they said he never does it when they come to get him.
    That's really interesting! Wow. Goodness. I hope you does grow out of that like others have suggested.

    That No Touch. No Talk. No Eye Contact. is my stock answer for anything were excitability is an issue. Works like a charm on mine. Particularly with strangers; they think everyone who comes along in their new best friend. Thank goodness most folks are cooperative.

  2. #14
    Pet Sitter Momma2Bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Bree
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    358
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Layla and Wilbur
    Likes (Received)
    31

    Default Re: Duke pees when excited to see people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    My dog walkers come in 3-4 times a day and they said he never does it when they come to get him.
    When I was young, one of our Westies would do this when I would come home to visit from University. He never ever grew out of it, and only did it with me.

    Wilbur does it too - I don't know if he will grow out of it as he is already 2, and the thing is he only does when our good friend Eric comes over. He just pisses all over the place and looks up adoringly at Eric! I am both jealous and mystified, seeing as it only seems to be Eric who brings this out in him.
    I have to admit that Eric is a total Alpha Male (he is a Sgt, he is hardcore!). I nearly pee when he comes in LOL!!!!! I know this is 100% submissive peeing.... just wish I had the aura of command that Eric has!

    Best of luck - keep us posted on what works for you!
    My whole world

  3. #15
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    739
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Duke pees when excited to see people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Momma2Bullies View Post
    When I was young, one of our Westies would do this when I would come home to visit from University. He never ever grew out of it, and only did it with me.

    Wilbur does it too - I don't know if he will grow out of it as he is already 2, and the thing is he only does when our good friend Eric comes over. He just pisses all over the place and looks up adoringly at Eric! I am both jealous and mystified, seeing as it only seems to be Eric who brings this out in him.
    I have to admit that Eric is a total Alpha Male (he is a Sgt, he is hardcore!). I nearly pee when he comes in LOL!!!!! I know this is 100% submissive peeing.... just wish I had the aura of command that Eric has!

    Best of luck - keep us posted on what works for you!

    hahahaja- when my walkers told me he didn't do it when they came - I started leaning towards more of a submissive pee,

  4. #16
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Duke pees when excited to see people.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    hahahaja- when my walkers told me he didn't do it when they came - I started leaning towards more of a submissive pee,
    Maybe you can keep a high value treat in your pocket for when you come in the door. Engage his nose -- don't give him the treat -- and ask him to walk outside with you to get it. I'm thinking that keeping his mind busy on something might help? Once outside, then he can do his celebratory dance (you are home after all) and get the cookie and perhaps potty on the grass.

    Submissive peeing - what DO you do, I wonder? I'm curious of there are others with solutions for this........!

  5. #17
    Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Slidell, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,718
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    Any advice guys? Duke pizzles a little when he gets excited to see people. I had a dog growing up that did this and we were never able to break the habbit. Anyone got any advice to try to break this habbit ? I been getting a treat and making him focus his attention on that when I first come home or in the mornings when I take him out of his crate. It seems to work about half the time. Any other suggestions? I sure would hate for him not to break this habbit. BTW he's doing much better on potty training! Never goes #2 in house and never has and might have a pee accident maybe once in a day. Not including when he gets excited when I get home.

    Is that a Hungarian thing??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Casper; 06-30-2013 at 07:51 AM.

  6. #18
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,196
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11537

    Default Re: Duke pees when excited to see people.

    Happy piddles.... these tend to be out grown, but I hope you can train him by using treats to distract
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •