Advice needed - bone possessiveness

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
It does sound playful BUT if you feel there is some aggression in there then you should practice taking away and giving her the bones. Because of course they r yours and not hers. Miila was possessive of toys and bones for a bit when trying to establish her place in the pack and I had to take her bones away and give them to the other pups, all while she sat and watched. Kept doing this over and over and she learned that she had to wait her turn with them. She still might do. Little nip,not bite every once n a while but def. not in an angry way.
as for the growling when sleeping, she was startled and that is given. Growling is them talking really. My kids have fallen on cutty when sleeping and he has growled /snapped (not like to bite but like to warn) the kids. He is the mouthy one in the pack but not mean in anyway. He loves the kids and lets them bug the heck out of him.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I would be more than happy to share more about my experiences with her. I love to help people with their dogs, you should hear all the questions I get everyday, even my business clients will call, just to ask advice on what to do with their pups. I will definitely be around more, Ive actually had some free time lately since she is doing so well.

I'm going to hold you to it. :-)

Most Reactions