Update On Hercules!

Corinnalaverne

May 22, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Hercules has been doing alot better, no snipping or growling at the kids :) I can feed him out of my hand, he sits and waits until i say "Okay" before he begins eating his food out of his bowl. He sits and high fives now also. He still has a big problem with other people coming on his turf so we are still working on that. We fenced in our entire yard now so he has a little over an acre to run and play! But now he is marking his territory on EVERYTHING, in my house and outside! He has never done that before so i'm a bit confused on that one!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well! :bravo: on the behavior stuff! Such a good update! But...you need to control his marking. The best way is to leash him inside and watch him like a hawk for a while. No free roaming..outside..can be his! But he can't claim your stuff!

Good job!! :up:

OP
Corinnalaverne

Corinnalaverne

May 22, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
I had no idea males would mark their territory even after they had been fixed! I figured out why hes been doing it alot lately though, Kyra my siberian husky is in heat!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I had no idea males would mark their territory even after they had been fixed! I figured out why hes been doing it alot lately though, Kyra my siberian husky is in heat!

If allowed, Bo would lift his leg on EACH AND EVERY rock, chunk of bush or fencepost he encounters. Every single one. I've watched him and nothing even comes OUT that I can see. For that reason, after I'm sure he's "emptied the tank" on our version of "the walk", I control where he gets to stop, sniff and mark/fake pee/whatever. He gets to do this far more than I'd like anyway, but the three of us, on our daily sojourn, look very much like one of those caterpillar toys where the butt end (Bea) is always trying to keep up with the front. We do a lot of "stopping and waiting" for Bea to catch up. She tries but if a fascinating rock comes along, she is compelled beyond reason to SNIFF THAT ROCK. Even if she's sniffed it a thousand times already. Ugh.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great work! as others have stated... lesh him in the house and crate him when not home until he stops the marking He can not own your house, but the yard can be his

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.