ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston is 6 months old, and I started to actually think I finally had him potty trained for the most part. I had a female bully, and she took forever so I knew this could take some time... LOL Every time I put him in his crate he pees in it... even if I had just taken him outside. He also likes to pee on any dog bed too, and he seems to like to do this when I'm not watching... LOL He shares our home w/a female spayed boxer, so I'm not sure if he's marking over her (they each have their own crate) or just marking his territory. I've never had a male dog before, so I have no ideas on this one...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh boy! Do you have any bedding in his crate? If so, take it out. I know it seems mean...but this is often what they do with bedding. Also..at 6 months old, they often retreat and seem to "forget" that they are housebroken. If he starts to do it in more places than his crate...give him a crash refresher course in "puppy housebreaking". Full on..he will get the picture!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I just put a blanket or towel in there because I found out that he likes to destroy bedding... I guess I will read your forums on puppy housebreaking, remove the blankets & start over again!!! Big SIGH... LOL :crazy:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yep removing the bedding helps. If they have it they will want to mark it, saying "my blanket!"

Silly bullies. :loco:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just put a blanket or towel in there because I found out that he likes to destroy bedding... I guess I will read your forums on puppy housebreaking, remove the blankets & start over again!!! Big SIGH... LOL :crazy:

He knows better..he will catch on quickly. If you see him begin to go in the house..put him on a leash and keep him with you at all times. If you see him start to go..a gentle tug and very firm NO..then right outside to go. If he goes outside..praise him and give him a treat. If you need to unleash him..take him outside to go..then in the crate. When you get him out again, take him out and immediately back on the leash. It won't take long at all!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I took out the blanket tonight & he didn't pee in the crate... Yeah!!! Baby steps...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online