Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ok so she has gotten better with my BF but with me she bites me all the time. Like ALL the time. She jumps up to eat my pants. Some days I worry that she doesnt like me, but I know thats silly. She is my shadow! And is always super happy when I come home. She doesnt bite then, she loves on me. What do I do? My bf jokes around that I just taste better to her than he does. She does nibble on him sometimes. But Im the main target. Any Ideas guys???

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
My Dudley, now 2 1/2 years old, did that all of the time. I thought he hated me! He ripped several pair of jeans...I was wearing them at the time. I was nearly out of my mind and was thinking of getting rid of him! After talking to his trainer, I got him lots of things he could chew on safely -- antlers, Nyla bones, anything he could chomp on, but not just "hard" things, there is a line of "plastic/rubber" toys that are good for chewing, but not chewing up! They are all blue, but I can't remember the name. Their jaws grow and move for 18 months to 2 years and they really like to chew and bite. He stopped the biting around 18 - 20 months old. He's my baby and I LOVE him...so glad I talked to the trainer.

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
My Dudley, now 2 1/2 years old, did that all of the time. I thought he hated me! He ripped several pair of jeans...I was wearing them at the time. I was nearly out of my mind and was thinking of getting rid of him! After talking to his trainer, I got him lots of things he could chew on safely -- antlers, Nyla bones, anything he could chomp on, but not just "hard" things, there is a line of "plastic/rubber" toys that are good for chewing, but not chewing up! They are all blue, but I can't remember the name. Their jaws grow and move for 18 months to 2 years and they really like to chew and bite. He stopped the biting around 18 - 20 months old. He's my baby and I LOVE him...so glad I talked to the trainer.

oh she has tons of toys! Exactly as you mentioned, antlers, bones, nylabones. Stuffed animals. And others. Its crazy. At those times when shes in alligator mode I cant even be by her. And the little meanie will follow me when I get up to leave her when she starts that crap.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
He grew out of it...but, honestly, he broke the skin a few times...and there definitely were bruises. The other thing I would do -- his trainer was terrific and she suggested this -- when he would get out of control, I would put his leash on and work on his training "homework". That would distract him and he LOVED doing it. Also, it would tire him out -- his little brain had to work so hard to get all of the commands. But you could ask my boyfriend how many times I called him sobbing that the dog hated me and I was going to have to get rid of him! I know it's tough, but Dudley grew out of it and he is my precious boy!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I decided yesterday to start putting a leash on at all times while in the house on Amelia for both controlling the biting and peeing in the house. And when she's gotten to a point that I think she's tired she goes in her crate for a nap.

Believe it or not she seems calmer in general when on the leash and I can control her better and it does seem to be helping. But this is only day two. She is currently napping.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
With duchess I learned in puppy class listerine works! Rub it in their mouth and on whatever you don't want them to chew. Say no, redirect to a toy. They hate the taste, it's safe and effective. I am currently trying this same method on duke who is 14 weeks. He is taking to I a little slower as he is a very strong willed boy, but none the less it is working!

OP
Sheena

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I decided yesterday to start putting a leash on at all times while in the house on Amelia for both controlling the biting and peeing in the house. And when she's gotten to a point that I think she's tired she goes in her crate for a nap.

Believe it or not she seems calmer in general when on the leash and I can control her better and it does seem to be helping. But this is only day two. She is currently napping.

So how does that work exactly . No free roam? Even if im laying on the couch I keep her leash on her and let her play on the floor? And I think that Daisy is the only Bully that doesnt love her crate. She only goes in ther when we put her in there.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Yes, no free roam. Because you can control the biting better if you have her where she can't dart off to play cat and mouse.

And Daisy isn't alone with not loving her crate. Amy doesn't love hers either. YET. But I know from experience with other dogs and crating that most puppies hate it at first, but they do grow to love it when they are older. It becomes their safe spot.

Right now its just their "I am not with you so I don't like it spot".

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.