Help Needed! Olivia is howling in her crate...

misobaby

Jun 13, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Olivia
When she gets excited, Olivia howls. At the Mutt Strut fundraiser, at the vet, at the groomer. Recently she's begun howling in the morning when my husband takes a shower. Today she howled when I went to change clothes after work.
To remedy this we've been giving no attention, but immediately covering the crate. As soon as she's covered she calms down and goes to sleep.
It isn't a physical problem or injury, she was just at the vet for an exam.
Thoughts?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I don't think it's anything other than she wants her Mommy and Daddy! If it were an injury...she wouldn't stop...and surely you would see other signs. :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think I need to see video of Olivia howling before I can post in this thread....:yes:

ROFLMAO

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
attention.... Bullies LOVE to be with their humans. If you are in eye sight and she can not get to you, she is trying to get you attention so she can be with you

Last edited:

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Yeap!! They love their people, if you are up and out they too want to be up and out. The rule in our house is if we are up and about so are the bullies (now, they get the choice of being up and about, if they want to sleep thats ok). No crate time if humans are in the house. Eyeballs are on the bullies and so are our hands. When I pull up from work in the afternoon, Ruby hears the truck engine and starts howling right then because she knows humans are home and that means she gets out of the pen, Amber has free run of the front side of the house and is looking out the window. WOOHOO!! When it is sleep time she goes in the crate next to my bed and sleeps but everyone in the house is also sleeping. They go in the bathroom with my daugther but that is only because they know there is water in there and maybe they get to climb up and steal something (tooth brushes, tooth paste, hair spray can, rollers, it doesn't matter). They think the bathroom is a treasure room there for the pickings. Amber climbs like a goat, Ruby isn't there yet but the two of them work well as a demolition team. I recommend getting use to having a shadow close by if you want all the howling to stop. Good luck!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Same rule in our house Sheldon stays in our room all night he might get up and go to one of the kids rooms but mostly sleeps in our room because he gets very anxious in his kennel if we put him in it at night. He is ok when put in it if we leave but he has learned if he leaves stuff alone he doesn't get kenneled.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.