Help Needed! Potty issues

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So for about the last 2 months we have had 0 accidents in the house. When we are at work we just left the sliding glass door open and he would go out on his no problem at all. So last weekend we got him a dog door and I have worked with him so he understand how it works and when we are at home he will go out just fine. However at night and when we are at work he will walk right by the door to go poop on the carpet. I dont understand why he does it and it really starting to bug my wife to the point of her wanting to get rid of him and I really dont want it to get to that as I love my bully.

Also last night he was having a hard time sleeping. He was constantly out of breath and when I tried to get him out of the bed room he tried to bite me for real. I have no idea what that was all about as that was the 1st time I have ever seen him do that.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Panting can be a sign of pain.... as can the behavioral change. Please take your baby to the vet for a check up and let them know of the panting/labored breathing.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Panting can be a sign of pain.... as can the behavioral change. Please take your baby to the vet for a check up and let them know of the panting/labored breathing.

Agreed.

I also think he doesn't "get" that door as well as you think he does. He's only a pup. How many months has he been on the planet? Give him some time to learn.

As for your wife.... I've got another suggestion but this is a family forum. LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.