Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need help! aggressiveness/bite

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: need help! aggressiveness/bite

I am also now considering NOT fostering now. I was wanting to get into fostering but after this and seeing how fast a dog can turn without warning I am a bit fearful of fostering.... This whole situation has me pretty shaken up and reconsidering helping with rescues

I also found out she doesnt have a 501c3 is that a needed license for rescues?

Real Name
    Sarah
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gigi
    Likes (Received)

I live about a mile away from the Hobart shelter....This whole situation is sad, but mostly because it could have been AVOIDED. The dog really didn't "turn without warning," I don't think--it sounds like there was a person who misguidedly thought she was helping or saving the bullie by concealing the truth about her history and her propensity to bite. I don't have all the "facts," obviously, but I'm just at a loss as to how any rescue dog could have been behind on immunizations and then let out uncrated and mingling with the public at an event. The main thing is to take care of your health and well-being. I am so sorry to hear that this happened, to you and to the dog who was put into a situation where she was so likely to re-offend .

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SarahD View Post
    I live about a mile away from the Hobart shelter....This whole situation is sad, but mostly because it could have been AVOIDED. The dog really didn't "turn without warning," I don't think--it sounds like there was a person who misguidedly thought she was helping or saving the bullie by concealing the truth about her history and her propensity to bite. I don't have all the "facts," obviously, but I'm just at a loss as to how any rescue dog could have been behind on immunizations and then let out uncrated and mingling with the public at an event. The main thing is to take care of your health and well-being. I am so sorry to hear that this happened, to you and to the dog who was put into a situation where she was so likely to re-offend .
    I agree it could have been avoided. she shouldve not been taken in public at all and been in the care of a behaviorist. I had no warning though when she bit me and i so wish i knew her history before i was bitten. but the person keeping her knew her history. I have logs from a little bit ago with her stating she didnt get the shots due to not being able to afford them. Also of knowing she bites cause she bit her daughter and husband, i asked her why she took her with her being aggressive and she said shes not she is just fearful and that she just didnt want people to be scared of the dog. I dont feel she had a right to hide that info especially with taking the dog out in public to events. From what i know now she has bitten around 6 times causing trauma. Just they were all this persons family until me and previous owners. previous owners reported it and had her quarantined and surrendered her which is where current person got the dog from. I think the current person bit off more than she can handle... It takes special people to be able to handle this type of behavioral issue and if a rescue cant afford shots i think they need to step back for a while and get financially secure.
    Last edited by theparrisfive; 06-04-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

You can not blame yourself at all for any of that happening. It may be an odd way to think of it but be glad it was an adult this happened with and not a child going through it (although it sounds as if this dog has already bitten a child in the past). It is irresponsible for a "rescue" to take a dog with a bite history who also is not up to date on shots, to a public event. That is a biggie on the list when a dog is incoming to a rescue anyway...update the vet work. I hope your hand heals fast but it sounds like a long road to travel to that. My thoughts are with you

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

don't give up on fostering. I haven't heard very good things about Finally Home. Please check with Indiana Bulldog Rescue. They are awesome!!!!
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by theparrisfive View Post
    I went to the bone dr/surgeon tonight i have a hairline fracture a perferated nerve, tendon damage, localized infection and blood infection. I am on 3 antibiotics now and pain meds he braced my finger I go back in one week. They also drained the wounds again this evening they are becoming blister like due to infection in the wounds.

The dogs name is Sissy. She is with finally home rescue in NWI. the owner and person who has the dog now admitted to not having shots up to date. according to animal control and her vet they expired january 2012 and was never redone. Also i guess this dog has bitten her, her husband and daughter and she got it after it got out of quarantine for attacking a 5 year old. I was completely unaware of its history and she is keeping its history quiet just saying it was abused along with the fact that it bit 2 people saturday. No one is aware of this except my friends and now you guys... She just put on the rescue page that it had a melt down and left it at that. I dont know what to think about it..... she is also not insured. sigh... its a complete mess. The dog is currently at hobart animal hospital on quarantine with euthanization suggested by animal control. so i dont know if they will euthanize or not. I didnt report this at first cause i didnt want the dog put down at all and still dont but with my infections and all dr said reporting it was a must so they can at least do blood work up on the dog to check for illnesses/infections that i could get. I did get a tetnus shot, and now 2 antibiotic shots.
    Wow, just a complete mess all the way around, if followed proper procedures,
    common sense and concern for the bully and people...this many people being
    bit NEVER should have happened, so sorry to hear of your terrible bite.

Please don't blame yourself for any of this, the bully being euthanized is the
    best thing for all concerned including this poor bully. GOD bless all.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads