Peeing on fabric

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
We all know many bulldogs like to pee on fabric inside. My Frenchie will not go outside in the rain period. She will pee on a crate mat or anything else on the floor. I have found a compromise for us - a Waterhog Doormat. It's not the least expensive short term but I've had the same ones for years and washed them any way you can think of.

They are made out of recycled plastic bottles, hold 40x it's weight in liquid, don't leak under the mat, come in a variety of colors and sizes, are easy to clean...

I have several. when I was them I do not de-enzyme them so Zeva knows it's okay to use them. I sometimes do bleach them for sanitation though. I can wash them in my washing machine with hot water to make them more pliable or hose them down. If I had a laundry tub, I could use that too. They catch the dog hair and dirt as the dog comes in and out and can be vacuumed to de-hair. Here's a link to show you what I'm talking about. I'm sure other places carry them as well. The key is WATERHOG.

Edit: You can search llbean's website for Waterhog Doormat to find an online order form.

Last edited by a moderator:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
These sound very interesting!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
Do bullies like to pee on fabric for a particular reason? I haven't heard that until now? Interesting!

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
My girl will pee on a cushion or dog bed on the floor, but she sleeps in bed with me and she does not pee my bed. I have been thinking of getting her a doggy bed but none of them seem to be easily washable and I do think she's going to pee on it if I get one.

Jrpoer

Jun 6, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Our Lola pees on her bedding often. She was doing great with a pet park indoor station but she decided to go back to peeing on her blankets. We had tried a big cushiony dog bed when we got her and she was so quick to pee on it she did it right in front of us. She has even hit our couches early in our time together, but we overcame that issue. We have been very curious about her doing this but have always chalked it up to being raised in a cage as a breeder bully. Any clues on why they do it and if possible, how it can be stopped would be greatly appreciated.

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
I think they also pee to mark things as their territory so maybe that is part of it as well? I would think if they are healthy and potty trained marking would make sense. Brie scratches surfaces to leave her scent before she las down sometimes ??

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.