"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Thursday at the Park

Quote Originally Posted by RachaelJ View Post
    Well, this is an instance that I would have minded my own business. There are times to interfere and this may not have been one of those times. I think there is already too much CRAZY in this world and she very well good have bopped you in your eye for the way you spoke to her. So that's why I say this may have been one of those times, to just roll your eyes and walk away.

Also, I think this lady honestly thought that she was reprimanding/correcting Buddy. Not beating him. I think we all know what that difference is. I understand how you lost patience, but if you wanted to help her understand the differences in correction, you could have certainly worded it a little different.

Your apology might not go anywhere, just be prepared for that. I see you're remorseful about it and hopefully she's open.
    You are wrong. I am not at all remorseful about saying what I said. I would do it again this instant. It's the HOW that I feel a bit bad about. What I am sorry for is the abrupt way I dealt with this idiot of a woman. Having said that, this isn't the first conversation she and I have had about Buddy so I suppose I was just fed up with her ignorance.

Hitting dogs, children or anything is unacceptable. It's not a training tool. It's an act of frustration that undermines the goal of the hitter anyway.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I hope she listens to the trainer. No dog trainer worth a darn would recommend hitting a dog for any reason. Poor little buddy. I hate to see uninformed people with animals or kids.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Christina
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky / Chunk / Chunky Butt
    Likes (Received)

Hmmm....I'm super non-confrontational, so I doubt I would have flewn off the handle on her. I also believe in tough love- although, I never hit my dogs in the face- sometimes on their bums. She obviously took your advice to go and get training, but why in the world is she so ignorant with this poor dog. I have a pit mix that HATES other female dogs, so guess what? She doesn't get to go to the park- it's not fair to her or other dogs, and only jeopardizes all of their safety. It's best that her cranky butt stay at home. I'm not sure that I believe that she is actually going to see a trainer.....
    Xtina & Chunk

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Well, it's been over a week and I've not seen hide or hair of Buddy or his human. I walk by her place EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Oh well. If it's made her think twice about smackin' that dog, it's all good. I do hope for a follow up conversation with her though. I don't like having that negative energy sitting out there with her -- even if she is a friggin' idiot.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by pdolphin27 View Post
    I would have done the same thing. I don't think you have anything to apologize for.
    Ditto! "Saint" Lari has a temper too. And I don't think you owe her an apology at all. She owes you one for continuing to do what she's doing, you tried handling it nice before. She obviously didn't "get it".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads