General Question "5 minutes"

May 17, 2013
São Paulo - SP
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolota "(Ballie/Fattie)"
Hello guys! Here i'm again!
I've got this question about bolota's behaviour.
I usually come back from work about 08pm, and then take bolota for walk. So far so good.
I notice that, when time is about 10pm, he begins acting really active, I mean, sometimes he starts running like hell, in circles thought the house. (Me and my wife call this "5 minutes", cause its kinda 5 minutes of madness :tongue:)
The running thing is just sometimes, but usually i notice that he's more active then normal, looking for something to play, chew, etc..., almost everyday about the same time.
Is this a normal behaviour?
This come from the breed or it happens to any breed?
He's going to get neutered, will he stop/decrease this behaviour?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Please remind me but how old is Bolota? I recall, deep in the crevices of my brain, that when Tate was a young puppy he would act like a wild boy too and run around like crazy. I thought walking him close to bedtime would help and konk him out but sometimes, this would do the opposite and he'd be up and hyper and all energized til late into the evening hours. Could be the puppy phase that Bolota is going thru.

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Guinevere does this too! We call it the pup 5000! Always happens right about bedtime!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
It's normal or at least I have the same with Ace. I think it corresponds with the time one gets home from work. For Ace this similar activity begins about 6:45 pm. Just after I get home. And its every night in or around the same time. He is rambunctious as hell. So I take him out to potty, and play a bit to get some of the edge off and do some training on leash. Then I bring him back in and feed. And then it kicks in again. So knowing this I take him back out and exercise him pretty good and try to get as much of the edge off as I can. And when I come back in, either he is pooped out but when not and still wanting to play I don't give into it inside cause if I do he will get ramped up again. I just let it cool off some and after a bit he is way more calm. But yes, I would say its normal behavior

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
With Ace its more than 5 minutes I might add. It's more like an hour and a half. But if I don't do the above mentioned things he will will terrorize the entire home inside. He has got to get the edge off. And of course we fear he will get after the maltese. But I have seen him run around inside, if he wasn't exercised outside as I have mentioned, and run all over the house and knock over anything that gets in his way. I have watched him when he is like this in the evenings run from one room to another and leap onto furniture, such as a recliner or double recliner couch and nearly tip them over he hits them so hard. He is all hell bent for leather when like this. You just got to get the edge off them with training and/or exercise or pay the consequences in my opinion

OP
Stephan Gomes Higuti
May 17, 2013
São Paulo - SP
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Bolota "(Ballie/Fattie)"
Bolota is about 7 months old.
For you guys who had that, any of you neuter your bully? Their changed after that?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Tap, totally normal, we call it the bewitching hour. Here it's about 8:30. They grow out of it after awhile. Buddy was bad about it, but he is slowing down some, but will still want to play before bed time.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde use to do the same thing..... right around bed time.....it's like it was his last few minutes to shine before going to bed.....at times he would get like this attitude of "DON'T MESS WITH ME" kinda funny now that I think about it :) I am pretty sure it's a normal thing...Forde is almost 4 now, and he doesn't do it anymore........he was neutered at 6 months, it didn't change at all.....only with age :)

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
I've had several bullies that would run circles in the yard at full speed. I'm not sure about neutering affecting it but age will. Just remember that bullies don't reach adulthood until they are about 3 years old.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Totally normal, even at the age of 4 Vegas still gets his zoomies at night, especially after he has taken his last :poo:. Not every night like it was but occasionally he will start running Fred Flinstone style (cant get a grip on the tile) and do laps. We always know why. Lol.

Staff online

Members online