ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We were told when we got Mabel that she was possibly dog aggressive. There's no "possible" about it. She lunged at a yorkie puppy tonight. I had her under control the whole time, but don't think I will try that again. :nope: We were hoping for a better outcome. What a b****! :)

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Lmbo, @ Chris, Mabel said the only reason she didn't eat that yorkie is because the yorkies taste like chicken, and Mabel said she didn't like chicken!! LMAO….. Chris, I'm j/k, but i've found with every pet i've ever owned 2 things, if they are socialized from the beginning of puppyhood with both other pets and with people they are sociable, and if not, the latter is true. I've had cocker spaniels that through my work schedule weren't socialized with anyone human or pet, and they hated everything other than themselves, and even that was argumentative at time hahahahaha. I so remember the UPS man bypassing my gate with doorbell on my gate, and beware of dog sign posted on it, came to my door and knocked, and my two cockers sayin "Surely you Joust" They took turns eating up Buster Brown lol until he leaped over the fence, lol…omg… Rocky is totally opposite, he is so well socialized with all other pets, and with children and adults alike, He could easily get a job at Pet_Smart as their official greeter and never miss a stroke. I have no intention of breaking his socialization patterns either, It is so nice to have a pet that works and plays well with others rather than the squabbles. You should see Rocky playing with my daughters Pitt Bull, The amazing thing about Bull Dogs is they use their front paws in playing like we use hands, Pitt Bulls included, so they actually slap each other in the pawing match trying to knock the tennis ball or other toy out of one anthers mouth. The Pitt Bull stands a little taller, But Rocky's weight and muscle doesn't allow much of a disadvantage, so it's so hilarious to watch them play, and they do this for hours at a time. It's so awesome….. I couldn't be a happier feel blessed Human Parent at his social skills. Kids Love him and so do adults, when he's out in the store, he's like a Rock star celebrity drawing crowds, and loving on everyone!! Not afraid of anything except me getting out of his sight Lmbo!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Don't worry. It just means that you can have her all to yourself. :hug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Hmmm...Dave, not so much. I have had Max since he was 10 weeks old. He was socialized, 1 day a week at my brother's (2 pit bulls), one day a week at mom's (a vizsla) and one day a week at sister's (a chihuahua). He turned 2 & decided he doesn't like any of them anymore. Went after them numerous times & God forbid one of them even walked by me. Now grant it Max is deaf and very clingy, the vet says it has a lot to do with it. Also, admittedly, very spoiled.
My point, I tried, it doesn't always work, if it did, I'd have a second.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks was extremely socialized up to age 5 and she always had issue with certain types of dogs (long hair... she hates long haired dogs) and, certain people too. she does not in any uncertain terms, my one brother - I think it is his body language and how he carries himself along with ALWAYS having a baseball hat on... she is the only person she ever charged. Only living thing Banks NEVER has issue with.... children, she LOVES, LOVES LOVES all children

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=7749]ChrisRN[/MENTION] I'm so sorry that Mabel can't have friends, however, maybe she wants it that way? I was gonna say they are complicated creatures but I guess its us that complicates them. Happy to hear you had total control over her before she devoured that yorkie.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I think that's it. That and the terrier hyperactivity. She is truly a diva.

LOL. You can still take her in public with other dogs, just stay a short distance away. Bea doesn't appreciate "terrier hyperactivity" either so when we meet these "nutty" behaving dogs, our interactions with them are, to say the least, brief. (They bug me too so she and I are on the same page, right?) As we've "practiced" tolerating dogs like this, she's gotten better and continues to improve. The key to a successful meeting/greeting for us is keeping the dog out of Bea's "personal space". With that, she'll pretty much ignore the bizerko dog. We have a neighbor, Lisa, who has a Yorkie and a Poodle mix that goes APE-CRAP anytime we see them -- which is a lot. She lives only a block away from us. They've been marvelously good practice for my dogs. Me and the neighbor are friendly so we stand and talk (if possible over the din of her dogs yowling) and I disagree with any behavior from Bea (or Bo) that I don't like.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Oh no. That can be scary. How old is Mabel? Maybe you could get a trainer, to help her with socialization skills. I know Petsmart does training, and I was in the store one day and they were doing socialization training with a skittish and aggressive dog, and he was doing very well. Good luck.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i have the same problem with sarah. i got her when she was one and she lived in a fenced in area with like 4 other big dogs. to this day she dislikes big dogs on site even if they are just sitting there calm. she bit a large dog on the nose at the vets office while i was distracted with my boston i had with me to. so now i keep her away from other dogs when out. she also took a dislike to my bostons for a bit but we have that worked out now it seems. sometimes thats just the way it is.

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I sympathize! Stella is a total butt to all other dogs besides Tank. She doesn't like any other dogs...big, small, male, female...doesn't even matter! Tank must be her soulmate because she sure loves him though!

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Aww maybe it was just the yorkie, they are pretty high strung dogs and maybe that annoyed her.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online