Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I can't walk my own dog.

All great advice. Thank u. He is a lot better I ended up getting the no pull harness and it helped a lot.. and I'm creaking up at one of the comment above, Not trying the collar in a kinky way. Haha give me ideas j/k

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

I applaud you for sticking with the challenge of walking him. I have seen many an owner give up and put the dog in the backyard because it was easier than working on a solution.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley and Nitro
    Likes (Received)

Hi, everyone. I am a new member, and was just reading this thread. One of our bulldogs, Nitro, has figured out how to escape (every now and then, usually when my husband is not paying attention, LOL) from the walking collar/leash that we use. So, I've been thinking about moving both of our guys over to harnesses, but we've never used harnesses before. Thus, am looking for advice on best ones to buy, proper fitting and use? I think basic harnesses will be fine for us (as opposed to the "pinching" ones discussed above. . . . our guys pull, but we employ the stop/heel methods - which work most of the time, LOL). Thanks in advance for any advice on the harnesses, particularly with respect to proper fitting.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JSWatson View Post
    Hi, everyone. I am a new member, and was just reading this thread. One of our bulldogs, Nitro, has figured out how to escape (every now and then, usually when my husband is not paying attention, LOL) from the walking collar/leash that we use. So, I've been thinking about moving both of our guys over to harnesses, but we've never used harnesses before. Thus, am looking for advice on best ones to buy, proper fitting and use? I think basic harnesses will be fine for us (as opposed to the "pinching" ones discussed above. . . . our guys pull, but we employ the stop/heel methods - which work most of the time, LOL). Thanks in advance for any advice on the harnesses, particularly with respect to proper fitting.
    The puppia harness is very nice

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Taz
    Likes (Received)

I realized with the harness, our dog would pull harder, with his collar he still wants to pull but he is starting to pull less!, and with time and patience it should stop. It's in their nature to pull.
    But if he his pulling excessively, that's not good for their throats could damage it. Be careful, and keep trying.

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Harnesses are a safe way to go. You have better control and there is no chance of it slipping off like there is with a collar. Harnesses are very adjustable, each strap should have a way to be adjusted for length.

Here is the link for the Puppia harness suggested by Dessertskybulldogs it has a measuring chart and pictures that show the harness on different kinds of dogs.

http://www.amazon.com/Puppia-Soft-Do...puppia+harness
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mickey and Minnie
    Likes (Received)

Instead of the gentle leader, try the no pull harness. They are great and will not hurt your dog.

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyBully View Post
    Instead of the gentle leader, try the no pull harness. They are great and will not hurt your dog.
    Worked for us..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads