Thread: the dreaded Humping????

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If I'm laying on the couch remi will always try to hump me. Never my husband. He knows I'm his leader. There is a joke in our house that remi only listens to me.

I found out the hard way that some dogs, especially young ones can do it out of social excitement or play. It's not always about dominance but definitely could be. Some dogs are socially awkward and you have to train it out of them. Isolation or timeout in a crate with no one else in the room worked miracles for us. Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: the dreaded Humping????

Quote Originally Posted by ModernFemme View Post
    If I'm laying on the couch remi will always try to hump me. Never my husband. He knows I'm his leader. There is a joke in our house that remi only listens to me.

I found out the hard way that some dogs, especially young ones can do it out of social excitement or play. It's not always about dominance but definitely could be. Some dogs are socially awkward and you have to train it out of them. Isolation or timeout in a crate with no one else in the room worked miracles for us. Good luck...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    That is so weird that u say he will only do it to you. Zeus will look at me weird and when I clean I have my music on and dancing and that is the only times we will try to hump me... But he listens to me more than my husband

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Bo will hump out of over-excitement. That's easy to monitor and get ahead of. It rarely happens now and, in fact, only when we encounter a certain neighbor of mine (who Bo, of course, adores) who talks to him in squeaky high baby talk and let's him lick her face until she's sopping. He loves it so much, I let them go at it -- all except the humping part which I disagree with. Honestly, I think this weird lady likes it....? Ewww.

Bo will ALSO try to hump one of the gardeners in the complex. He's a weak energy. Incidentally, he's also going to be attending the police academy soon (maybe they'll help him with that). Anyway, Bo recognizes this in him and when the boy is petting him, he will immediately go for that leg. It's become a joke with the other maintenance guys who, incidentally, love to visit with Bea and Bo and actually have bags of cookies in their little golf carts to give them. They'll say, "Hey Jason. Bo's here and wants some lovin!" and stuff like that. Of course, we all know it's not about sex but in this case, dominance. All I can do is disagree with the behavior and be VERY CLEAR about it. Bo gets confused and it's my fault entirely. The maintenance guys laugh and egg him on so he's getting a reward for humping Jason. When the koo koo neighbor gets him going, she laughs like hell and there's his reward there. Ugh. I disagree with the behavior but he's still getting something out of doing it so what does he do? He's a dog. He's instinctual; he keeps on doing it. LOL

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusCsmommy View Post
    That is so weird that u say he will only do it to you. Zeus will look at me weird and when I clean I have my music on and dancing and that is the only times we will try to hump me... But he listens to me more than my husband
    He might have tried to hump DH once, but that was about it, and also on the couch. Whatever it is, it's definitely couch related ROFL.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Blue tries to hump both of us now and then. It's only when we're playing with him, and we just push him off and say no. We don't make a big deal out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads