I think my Bulldog has ADHD

Wee Angus

Apr 1, 2013
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus
Wee Angus is 8 months old and is crazy, I seriously think he has ADHD. He gets a lot of attention, and exercise everyday. When we walk him he tried to chase cars and we had to switch to a pinch collar just to keep him safe. He runs around the house and yard really fast for long periods of time. He wants us to throw toys for him continually and he is very persuasive. When we leave him unattended, even for just a few minutes he chews up whatever he can find (rugs, blankets, furniture, plants, the baseboards). Angus's supper power is jumping. I think he could jump over tall buildings is a single bound. I often catch him jumping up on the kitchen table, kitchen counter, back yard planters. I have never met a high jumping English Bulldog in my life. He has distroied virtually every dog toy I've ever bought him apart form an antler and kong. I don't like to keep him in his crate too much because he seems to need to be really active. I don't think this is normal puppy behavior or is it?

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Sounds Healthy, Happy, and Typical to me, if he's not, then we have at least two that are ADHD!! Lmbo, and I found mine is a climber too, Loves to climb to the top of my recliner and lay, and chew on my ear while i'm watching TV or the top of the couch to see out the window, or the top of the kitchen tabel for ???? well i'm not sure yet......lol

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Sounds like my Lola to me! Some are crazier than others but you can talk to your vet about it and they will give you some options as well as meds if you want them!

jacquik

Feb 1, 2013
Country
Cape Cod MA
Bulldog(s) Names
harley and caesar
Your adhd post caught my eye! Sounds just like our Caesar! We adopted him a few weeks ago and assumed he would be chill like our other bulldog but he is on speed! Hardly sleeps, just runs, jumps, plays, chews and basically wreaks havoc! The vet says when he's heavier he will calm down some...he's only 3 months....he is a lot of fun though.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Typical baby bulldog behavior. That's a cool hat he has on there! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bulldogs don't generally become lazy until after age two, but it does sound like you have a little pita on your hands :). I have one of those, his name is Pookie bear! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has a bully named Orion that is such a pita she is almost famous for it around here.

I would suggest some basic obedience classes and hand feeding, to teach some skills.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bulldogs don't generally become lazy until after age two, but it does sound like you have a little pita on your hands :). I have one of those, his name is Pookie bear! @Libra926 has a bully named Orion that is such a pita she is almost famous for it around here.

I would suggest some basic obedience classes and hand feeding, to teach some skills.

:rofl:..... so true!!! PITA!

Agree -- classes will help get him to focus, some.

Avasbella

May 15, 2013
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
When I first wanted a bully it was because they were "lazy"! Wow was I wrong!!!! She is amazing and we love her buy jeez she can do that run around, going crazy thing in the house! If someone/anyone sits down she thinks she needs to be center of attention! She crate trained and we did puppy training but as she has gotten bigger she still jumps, runs, and is very excited! She can get so excited that she nips us. Not bites but definitely teeth and a nip. We end up crating her or putting her outside just to watch tv. We want her with us but sometimes she is too much.

Avasbella

May 15, 2013
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
When I first wanted a bully it was because they were "lazy"! Wow was I wrong!!!! She is amazing and we love her buy jeez she can do that run around, going crazy thing in the house! If someone/anyone sits down she thinks she needs to be center of attention! She crate trained and we did puppy training but as she has gotten bigger she still jumps, runs, and is very excited! She can get so excited that she nips us. Not bites but definitely teeth and a nip. We end up crating her or putting her outside just to watch tv. We want her with us but sometimes she is too much.

Here are pics

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 481
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 482

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Bulldogs don't generally become lazy until after age two, but it does sound like you have a little pita on your hands :). I have one of those, his name is Pookie bear! [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has a bully named Orion that is such a pita she is almost famous for it around here.

Lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Some bullies are hyper, they generally calm down after about 2 y/o but
a few are always quite athletic & active always. Even fewer are high
jumpers like yours but again, some are. It is definitely a myth that bullies
are lazy, inactive dogs, many are very mellow and many just don't like to
walk or go outside much, it's more about their personalities than laziness.

I've only had 2 bullies, both adopted adults and they are very mellow and
laid back, thank goodness because I have chronic illness and have times of
extreme fatigue & pain. I'll most likely never get a puppy but only adult bullies
and laid back ones!

Most Reactions