Proud of my boy

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
I have to brag on Colossus just a little bit here. Hes 4 1/2 months old, growing like a weed (~40lbs), and smart as a tack. Hes conquered sit (which is really all Ive tried to teach him) and he does this when he gets a treat and when I put his food down. But heres the good part - he has REALLY taken to house training. Hes been sleeping out of his kennel for three weeks now and yesterday was the start of the second week of run of the house. The first two days he had a piddle each day, but after that hes been GREAT. Keeping him kenneled during the day was the hardest part of leaving him each morning, now that he is out of the kennel I feel a lot better. Plus, he doesnt like being pinned up, he will bark like no ones business to get out (he would settle down as I got closer to the kennel and sit down to wait til I opened the door).

I just wanted to brag on my boy a little bit.

05 06 13 Yard.jpg05 06 13 Spring.jpg

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
What a good boy he is! He must be a happy boy and wants to please you! Jake was a cinch to potty train too! Which was very much appreciated! :)

He's looking perfect too! Keep up the great work! :up:

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
That's awesome, we tried that with Bacon but he decided to eat the couch while we were gone so that didn't work out too well

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Yay.. I started leaving him out of his crate at night too he's doing amazing. And when we leave he stays out too I have to keep him from the other living room because he had marked my couch a while back(when he was a puppy) :( and I caught him trying to do it again. Will he always want to mark that spot.

OP
RazrRila99

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
Yay.. I started leaving him out of his crate at night too he's doing amazing. And when we leave he stays out too I have to keep him from the other living room because he had marked my couch a while back(when he was a puppy) :( and I caught him trying to do it again. Will he always want to mark that spot.

I do want to clarify one thing - Colossus has peed in his sleep while on the couch (twice), he doesnt consciously do it (Im fairly confident he doesnt). I just washed the cushion covers and put them back on the cushions. I dont know why, but he doesnt really mark his territory if it was mine first (on purpose), he fell quite quickly into a "beta" role. Although, with other dogs, he does put of an alpha demeanor (kind of puffs his chest and leads the other dogs, makes me tear up and a bit proud :tongue:).

I dont have an answer to you if he will always go back, but maybe try something that will remove the scent and see if that might deter him.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Brag away..... love success stories!

Most Reactions