General Question Sleeping in my bed

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Just curious about how long before any of you let your bully babies sleep in the bed with you?
I tried with Zeus a few days ago and he peed in the bed within 10 minutes. (After he just came in from his bed time potty break).
Zeus and Paisley are just hyper and don't exactly want to lay down and sleep until they go into their crate.

Thanks in advance!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368455711.021308.jpg
Paisley giving me the stare down
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368455801.766401.jpg
Zeus staring me down too

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Just curious about how long before any of you let your bully babies sleep in the bed with you?
I tried with Zeus a few days ago and he peed in the bed within 10 minutes. (After he just came in from his bed time potty break).
Zeus and Paisley are just hyper and don't exactly want to lay down and sleep until they go into their crate.

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 42800
Paisley giving me the stare down
View attachment 42801
Zeus staring me down too

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Rocky is a year old, and will hold it all night, I let him sleep at the foot of my bed, When I wake up in the morning, its usually because he is touching his face, cold nose and hot tongue anoints my face over and over to wake me up, IN THE BED, I sit on the side of my bed rubbing my eyes and etc, not exactly THE MORNING PERSON, Rocky stretches in bed on his back, but he wakes me up wanting to go out, I usually just get him off of the patio and he's already squatting. But the night starts off with him on the the floor, and ends with him in bed.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Never. I don't let my dogs sleep with me. I'm also petty sure that that is just one of the reasons they've never challenged me as their leader.

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Emmitt isn't allowed in our bed since he has peed on it, or our furniture he as he has peed on that also.. And he is 1 he still sleeps in his crate at night. Maybe one day he will be allowed to roam but not yet. Lol he gets into everything!!

Benedict2013

Dec 25, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Benedict
Benedict is six months old and he's been sleeping with me in bed since he was 12 weeks old, he sleeps like a log must of the time, he snores, and farts all night and sleeps as close to me as he can get except when he's hot I bought him a cooling mat that I put under the sheets on his side of the bed so he won't over heat. He'll cry all night if I don't bring him to bed with me ������.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Matilda sleeps in my bed at 11 months old, and she is my favorite little cuddle buddy. BUt she can sleep in the crate too, with no complaints. Sometimes she'll even choose to sleep there instead.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Matilda sleeps in my bed at 11 months old, and she is my favorite little cuddle buddy. BUt she can sleep in the crate too, with no complaints. Sometimes she'll even choose to sleep there instead.

I'd like to get to that point. I'm working on easing them into it. At bed time I will put them in bed with me and get under the covers. But they still think its play time. The calm down a little after a few laps around the Cali king bed. Buy it's taking longer than I thought

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We don't let ours sleep in the bed, they all go to their crates at night. If he is peeling the bed then for sure I wouldn't let him in bed. Some just like marking their bedding. Plus some have fallen out of bed and injured themselves.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
My bullies sleep in crates as well. Usually the bed is too hot and crowded for all of us - and we all do better in our own beds! :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate has been sleeping in bed w/me since he was 8wks old and Finn since he was 12 weeks old. I personally wouldn't have it any other way. In the beginning, like the first week, Tate did pee in my bed a couple times but he was not yet potty trained. See how it goes if you do want Zeus to sleep in bed w/you and if he continues to pee in bed then maybe it's not the best set up.

OP
My kids have 4 paws

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
We have a California king so it's plenty big for all 4 of us. Main thing is my husband to be travels with his job. Example he left in February and will get home HOPEFULLY next week. So when I'm home alone I would like my farting and snoring babies in the bed

Zeus & Paisley's Mamma

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My bullies were grown when I got them so they did what they wanted mostly. When we first got mii tho to get her to lay down and be trusted I would sort of tackle her and make her lay down next to me with my arm around her. This way I knew where she was and what she was doing. Muggy was a tiny baby when we got him and he also slept with us from day 1. I couldn't resist that puppy cry. I slept with him tucked under my arm more for fear of him getting squished by daddy or Cutty but it also kept him from peeing and when he woke me up, we went outside to potty.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As soon as they were fully house trained, they were in bed with us.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon sleeps with us if one of us is not home, and occasionally if the weather permits and he is really tired. On a normal day he couldn't sleep with us because he will get up and wonder around or chew on the blanket in the bed while we are asleep.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber sleeps in bed with our daughter and started doing so at about 6 months old. She sometimes doesn't want to sleep there and instead sleeps on the loveseat. It just depends; Ruby is just a pup and sleeps in her crate next to my side of the bed. Hopefully, when she gets older she will still enjoy sleeping in her crate. We are all rough sleepers in the family so having pets in the bed isn't always a good thing. Plus the Maincoon cat likes the foot of the bed and if Amber is in our bed it becomes a fight over who will get that spot. Since the Maincoon has been with us since 2008 and claimed that spot long ago he has seniority but sometimes he is willing to share his spot with Amber, no often but it does happen.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.