bully and toddler troubles

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Abram often bumps into Ruby knocking her over . If we are sitting on the floor playing he will bulldoze his way in between us and knock her over a long with destroying what ever we are doing. He is careful never to jump on her ans if she is handing him something a toy or treat he is very gentle when when he takes it s o I think he gets that she is little. Problem is Ruby now kind of flinches every time he walks near her. How do I fix this

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Well shoot if ebn doesn't have an answer no one does lol

- - - Updated - - -

Well shoot if ebn doesn't have an answer no one does lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] can probably answer better than anyone, but it is Mother's day so they may be busy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would say that eventually they will both work it out. He's obviously not bulldozing on purpose otherwise he wouldn't be so gentle with her at other times. But I have no experience.
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] is right. It's Mothers Day and a lot of people are doing family stuff but I'm sure others will be along soon.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry Jenn - I have no experience with this type of 'bulldozing'.... Banks was brutal as a pup, but it was with jumping -- easy fit with a lead.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He may just be trying to get close to you in a dominance sort of stance. Showing Ruby he comes before her.

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
How old is Ruby? Can she work with Abram a bit with obedience? If so, have Ruby work with Abram using some basic commands. Abram should learn to associate Ruby with leadership status. One of my oldest memories with my dad and his 2 black mouth Curs was he would take me outside when I was little and he would have me work obedience with them. When I was 5 or 6 I had a little tykes car and my dad would harness both of them to the front and they would pull me down the street like I was in a chariot. That's when I developed a love and respect for dogs.They respected me and I respected them. Lol I pics ssomewhere, I need to find em...

It sounds like Abram thinks he is higher in the pack than Ruby...

Last edited:

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Zeus use to do this all the time. I just thought its because they are little tanks. It got better as he got older. I mean we still got to watch out when he's running but he's more careful now. He almost brought me down a few times.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
She will get bigger and it won't be so bad. Mii and Cutty still will plow thru Paige every once in a while but I figure paigey has more than paid them back in her torture of them so its all fair. Lol wish I could offer help but I have none. I look at it as training her to have better balance on her feet. :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry Jen! Was busy most of yesterday! We went thru this with Jake and my grandson! That's why his first real sentence was "No Jake..NO!". We just really kept a tight rein on Jake and if he got ..err WHEN he got into that Bully zone, we put him on a leash and quieted him down. We let Nate be Nate and it would take a few minutes but Jake figured it out. Of course, we told Jake NO/Down. They do outgrow it and the toddler learns their own way too. There were times that Jake was in a confined area if he was too excited...but it will get better! :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.