so proud of our brilliant Tucker

Odessa

Apr 9, 2013
BC, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker & in extended family his dad Diesel & cousin Odessa
I just wanted to share some positive behavioural and training news as bullies have such a bad rap for being stubborn and I was afraid we would end up with a Bullie that didnā€™t even know how to sit on command.

We have had our little Tucker for 2 weeks now and he has surprised me with how smart he is, he knew his sit command by 9 weeks! He is 10 weeks and can sit, lay down, come, wait wait with food infront of him and high five on command with or without treats. He usually can do all of them with silent hand commands too! He knows ā€œnoā€ very well and walks really well on a leash. House breaking is coming along and I am teaching him ā€œin your bedā€ (go in cage) next. I need more ideas on what else to work on next? Tucker is catching on so quickly (usually by the 6th repetition) and want to keep the momentum going while he is interested.

We were initially on the fence on getting a Bulldog or a Sheltie, love the Bulldog personality and quirkiness but would enjoy a teaching a smart Sheltie endless tricks. I wonder sometimes if Tucker is trying to be a bit Sheltie so that we donā€™t second guess our decision :no: Shhhh, donā€™t tell him that we are over the moon with our little boy and would never look back on our choice.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:laugh: Ummmmm...you made the right decision! Sounds like you are laying out a great foundation for him..and you too! Keep up the great work...:up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic work.... they are VERY smart little buggers. Stubborn = decision maker :D

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Great job on training Tucker! Don't know if you've been working on the "stay" command currently? that's an important one (one that is hit or miss w/my boys). Or a fun one is "spin" where they twirl in a circle like a little ballerina (well, almost). I still can't get them to speak on command yet tho. :hissy:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Are you sure you didn't get an Alien that just looks like a bulldog???? Seriously, congrats on being a great bully owner!! They are VERY smart, but can be challenging to say the least. Keep up with the routine- sounds like you have a great dog there!! Tucker is adorabull and I love his name!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.