In need of some serious help!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
As some of you may know I have 2 bulldogs one 11 months one 4 months and ever since bringing the puppy home I have had some problems to say the least! Lola my older bulldog still poops in the house every day and it can be right after I take her out and she always does it when I leave the room so I started putting her back on the leash so this smart girls will be sitting next to me on a leash ans tuck her feet under her and poop right there! She doesnt try to walk around she will just be sitting and all of a sudden she moves her legs under her and poops! What the hell is going on? After she poops she will move over some and sit back down like nothing even happened. Lucy on the other hand is doing better now that I took all her bedding including just her basic crate pad out but she will have days where she used her box without any accident and she will do that for a few days then have a day where she pees and poops on the floor and never used the box then the next day she is back to using the box. I have never heard of these problems and I havent come onto the site because I'm just so frustrated I feel like hitting my head against the wall so someone please tell me how long is it before bulldogs are totally house broke? I am totally worn out and so tired of seeing pee and poop I could scream! Sorry if this is coming out harsh but sometimes owning a bulldog isn't perfect. I wish I could have a trainer come to my house and stay with me for a day and just tell me what im doing wrong. I really don't know what else to do at this point and its like nothing gets through to them. Any idea's?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
OHHH you poor thing! Obviously Lola is punishing you for bringing the puppy home. And she knows what she's doing is wrong! I'm going to ask my sister who is a dog trainer..maybe he has ome insight! I'm going to copy your post..might take her some ime..but she will get back to me..and me to you. Take a deep breath. :hug:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]-thats what I am wondering, if she honestly doesn't know to go outside or if it is a behavior type issue. If she doesn't know to go outside I want to find a way to train her in a way she will understand so we can stop this non-sense but if it is a behavior problem I need to find a way to get across to her that it is not ok and won't be tolerated. Im really at a total loss not sure what is going on. She has always been very spazzy and very high strung. She has anxiety really bad and maybe that is part of the problem? I just don't know. Thanks for the help!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT-thats what I am wondering, if she honestly doesn't know to go outside or if it is a behavior type issue. If she doesn't know to go outside I want to find a way to train her in a way she will understand so we can stop this non-sense but if it is a behavior problem I need to find a way to get across to her that it is not ok and won't be tolerated. Im really at a total loss not sure what is going on. She has always been very spazzy and very high strung. She has anxiety really bad and maybe that is part of the problem? I just don't know. Thanks for the help!

I emailed my Sis..I will let you know ASAP and let's cross our fingers and toes!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]-thanks a million! Hopefully she has some idea's!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Jenni, I don't think your post came across harsh at all.

Very honest, open, frustrated & TIRED...with good reason.

Owning bullies isn't always great, in fact, so much of the time, not!

Posts like yours and the replies, helps everyone, old & new.

Haven't a clue as to what to do but will keep y'all in my prayers
and sending you a big hug & hope that these great peeps can help.

Much love, Carol
:hug2:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
@TexasCarol-thanks for your post! I am very tired! Not only is it the dogs but Im a fulltime student taking 5 classes with the end of the school year ending may 10th and two kids so add that all together and you got some pretty busy times! I love my bullies but feel so bad for them right now because they can not be happy if they are acting like this! There has to be something that is missing or something that is wrong. My bully girls are so good with my skin girls I just wish I could figure out the potty messes so we all don't have to live in it! I hope with time things get better! In the mean time I am taking the weekend off without dogs and going to visit my new nephew so hopefully I will come back a little more rested!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I caught the phrase "Poop in her box". What does that mean? Have you litter trained them or something?

Getting a trainer now isn't going undo poor potty training at the start. That might sound harsh too eh? LOL

Clearly Lola does not understand what you want from her; or she'd be doing it. Dogs WANT TO PLEASE their people.

This forum gets a heap of "potty training" problem posts and if you look at the internet, there's a good many other folks out there having the same issues. I think that humans lack the dedication and calm consistency required in the very beginning of potting training a pup to make it a lifelong success. A couple weeks of being "On It" -- and I mean completely on it not just part of the way on it or a little bit on it or asking the kids to watch the puppy and that's being on it...I mean ON IT -- and this alone makes all the dang difference in the world. Why else would so many folks having problems in this way? Seriously...what else could it be? I can't figure it out! (End Rant)

Little Bea is three years old. Its winter, my feet are cold so I wear slippers all the time but one day two weeks ago, I was walking around barefoot in the house and stepped in a DISTINCTLY WET SPOT in the hallway. WHAT?! I've never had problems with potty issues with either of my dogs so I automatically thought, I must have spilled something... like water, when I watered the plant's maybe? I got down there on my hands and knees (ouch) and sniffed around and OH BOY WAS IT EVER DOG PISS! Next, I thought, OMG one of these dogs has a medical problem! They don't. So what the hell happened?!

It took some detective work but I think that I've figured it out. When Grandma babysits, she doesn't make sure that Bea goes down the stairs. If she does go down the stairs, she'll pee. If Grandma just lets her and Bo out the door into the yard, she'll sit on the back porch in the sunshine --- does she forget she has to go? -- and then come in later when grandma opens the door to let them both in. Bo automatically goes down the stairs and moves around in the grass. Bea has to be coaxed / monitored / cajoled / reminded of why the hell she's out there in the first place. LOL Corrective measures have been taken (grandma is going to make sure Bea goes potty when she lets her out) and there's been no incidents since. So far anyway. LOL

Behavior problems in general are said to be usually an outcome of something else. If a dog craps where it sits; there's got to be something larger afoot, isn't there? (Rhetorical question- I have no idea. I'm dying to hear what Becky's sis has to say!)

As an aside: (clearly not Lola's issue) It should be noted that Puppy Mill dogs often have bathroom issues since they live in cages and are forced to pee/poo in their den. (Another great reason for not buying a dog from a pet shop)

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
I know how frustrating it can be, I've housebroken many dogs...

When you say box, are you talking about the crate? Did she do this at all before you got the pup?

I'm curious, what do you do when they go outside? Treats? Praise? How do you correct them when they go inside? Do you have a schedule for them? Do they go at random times during the day, or is it around the same time everyday? Is there anyone else that can help with their schedules? (A must for bullies, some of them crave structure)

One thing I learned real quick about Kiah is that I must out think her and pay attention to her signals to understand what she is thinking/feeling. Regardless if it's potty, stubbornness, anxiety, aggression or just cuddle/playtime. Some of her signals are just energy shifts and very subtle which can be hard to read. The wrinkles make it much more harder to read as well. LOL sometimes she looks like a gargoyle and she's just in play mode. Check out the books by Patricia McConnell and the SIRIUS training by Dr. Ian Dunbar. They are both amazing animal behaviorists.

I'll help as much as I can...

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=8563]Bullyproof[/MENTION] - I love Dr. Ian Dunbar. There are some great youtube videos featuring his techniques.

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION] He is great! I've watched his videos from the 80's to the mainstream YouTube ones. I feel they are a must watch for any dog owner. I can make copies if anyone wants to watch the old school ones from the 80's. Lol its funny how much we have changed yet the dogs have stayed the same

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.