Thread: Hugo just turns vicious

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hugo just turns vicious

Thank you for rescuing him and wanting the absolute best for him. You are angels.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo2012 View Post
    Yes..he is happily snoring away right next to me thank you thank you for all of the advices. I knew exactly where to go for advices teeheehee
    You may want to keep is crate/pen up with the door open... let him go in and out freely, it may be someting he needs to give himself some alone time.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    You may want to keep is crate/pen up with the door open... let him go in and out freely, it may be someting he needs to give himself some alone time.
    It's true. When there's a lot of activity in the house and Bea is overwhelmed, she'll go get in her bed. She knows that's HER SAFE/HAPPY/SLEEP/FART/WHATEVER ZONE!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

When we are home, Hugo just wants to be with us in our bedroom. We took down his kennel because he rarely uses it anymore. He likes to sleep in his first bed instead. When we are at work, he sleeps in his first bed in the living room. When we are at home, he wants to sleep right next to us in his second bed. Hugo has beds set up everywhere in the house.

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Priestess Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Therese Hamilton
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Amber and Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Well, this will probably not be the popular answer but when one of mine decides to try to bit me I take what they have away from them right then and there and get my duct taped, reinforced, rolled up newspaper and they get a swat or two on their butt end. Not hard to hurt but enough to let them know this behavior is not acceptable. I never use the crate for time out because I don't want to confuse them and want the crate to be a positive experience and safe heaven for them. The swat usually ends up with them running to their crate and looking out at me......then I firmly tell them no, bad dog.....which usually ends up with them looking down at the ground. I wait about 5 minutes and call them over and we make up......usually get a toy and play to let them know we are back to good graces. Most of the time a firm "NO" will suffice but on the "rare" occasion it does not I have had to resort to the newspaper. I hope everything works out, good luck!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Well, this will probably not be the popular answer but when one of mine decides to try to bit me I take what they have away from them right then and there and get my duct taped, reinforced, rolled up newspaper and they get a swat or two on their butt end. Not hard to hurt but enough to let them know this behavior is not acceptable. I never use the crate for time out because I don't want to confuse them and want the crate to be a positive experience and safe heaven for them. The swat usually ends up with them running to their crate and looking out at me......then I firmly tell them no, bad dog.....which usually ends up with them looking down at the ground. I wait about 5 minutes and call them over and we make up......usually get a toy and play to let them know we are back to good graces. Most of the time a firm "NO" will suffice but on the "rare" occasion it does not I have had to resort to the newspaper. I hope everything works out, good luck!
    Hugo always runs into his kennel because that is his safe haven. Since the overnight time out, Hugo has been super sweet and back to being a good son! When we let him out for his walk, Hugo was so happy and kissing up to Daddy and yes we do roll up a magazine to use but we rarely need to use it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Khloe (female) Bettis aKa Fattie (male)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo2012 View Post
    After dinner Hugo was hanging out in his bed and chewing his bone. He must be bored so he started to tear up his new bed. Daddy yelled at Hugo and that is when Hugo turned vicious and barked and wanted to bite Daddy. We were doing so well for the last 4 months. All of the sudden we are going back to the punky Hugo of the first 2 months. I am so sad. I don't know what has happened?? Daddy had to set his kennel back up so Hugo could have his time out! Please help me with your advice and input. Thank you
    My baby Fattie did that once to me and I've had him since 3months. U did the right thing by the time out. Honestly all night is kinda long. He forgot why he was in there after 30 mins. Then he's thinking where r they and he wants to b with u. If u just got him 6 months ago i'm sure he's felt at hm for a while since he's adopted. U got to learn him and he has to learn u. U would think 6 months is long enough but he's 4 and a lot could have happened in that time. U'll do fine. I just wouldn't do the time out to long. Very glad to hear that u gave him his forever home. Every dog needs that and their BFF :-)

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatina38 View Post
    Well, this will probably not be the popular answer but when one of mine decides to try to bit me I take what they have away from them right then and there and get my duct taped, reinforced, rolled up newspaper and they get a swat or two on their butt end.
    You're right. It's not.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by stephannerobles View Post
    My baby Fattie did that once to me and I've had him since 3months. U did the right thing by the time out. Honestly all night is kinda long. He forgot why he was in there after 30 mins. Then he's thinking where r they and he wants to b with u. If u just got him 6 months ago i'm sure he's felt at hm for a while since he's adopted. U got to learn him and he has to learn u. U would think 6 months is long enough but he's 4 and a lot could have happened in that time. U'll do fine. I just wouldn't do the time out to long. Very glad to hear that u gave him his forever home. Every dog needs that and their BFF :-)
    We definitely are learning about each other! That is why we were so shocked and saddened at his "temperament"😊that night! I know all night was long but he needed to sleep anyway and calmed himself down. Hugo is all good now! He knows who is alpha in the house alright...lol -imageuploadedbytapatalk1367194223-724083-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1367194239-895220-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1367194256-571803-jpg

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hugo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    You're right. It's not.
    Teeheehee I don't think they feel any pain from the swat. I think they are more scared of the noise from the magazine being hit on the surface!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads