Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Well my friends, it has been a while since I've given you all an update. I am very proud to say that Kiah has made such an amazing recovery so far. I've de-sensitized her to almost all the noises in the house. She still gets a little jumpy if she is sleepy, but I can open and close doors, answer my phone, make noise and she doesnt even flinch when it's me. It's only outside stimulation now, which we are constantly working on.

Our walks are up to almost a half mile twice a day, she gets a bit stubborn every so often, but after a block or 2 she is right in sync.

Out obedience is on key, she has mastered sit, come and leave it. Let's go, down, up and off are coming in to a close here soon. I am soooo proud of her.

I've come to realize that there are just some people she doesn't like. I don't blame her though, I don't like those people as well. Shady, nasty etc etc... She picks up on it right away and will try to defend me and herself. I can keep her under control unless they get too close and I make sure I warn them. I can tell in 2s if she likes someone or not. Gender, size, race etc don't seem to be an issue, it's just the individual.

Now for the best part... Yesterday the behaviorist was here and were working on the dog aggression. We had her Belgian Malinois 10 feet from Ki before she fixated, ya she got extra special treats last night!!

I hope you are all ready to see my changed girl, get ready for an incoming flood of pictures!

View attachment 45396View attachment 45388View attachment 45389View attachment 45390View attachment 45391View attachment 45394View attachment 45393View attachment 45392View attachment 45395View attachment 45387View attachment 45397

The pic of us cuddling and her frog dogging it are my favorite :D I've gotten her to submiss quite a few times since that pic was taken. Everyday it gets better. Those have been our best days so far. Everyone that saw her when I first got her cant believe it's the same dog. Thank you all again for the support!

Oh MY GOODNESS!!! She is beautiful! So happy for you! That's true there are just people Sheldon doesn't like race color creed religion or gender don't figure into it and he REALLY doesn't like it for someone to come up from behind. My husband got treated to the bully stance growl and bark (Warning don't come any closer) my husband had to get on his knees and talk to him before he would let him get close.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Please have her checked for lupus! My bully had lupus we didnt find out til too late we couldn't save him! He was so gentle one moment and the next he would snap. It was like he was dr.Jekyll and mmr.hyde,

Nancy, I'm so very sorry you lost your bully to Lupus. :assurred:

I have Lupus & several 'sister' autoimmune diseases as well.

As you know then, it can attack anywhere in the body and frequently
it attacks the neurological system. As well as causing pain, to the point
of being driven mad!

Your poor bully...and y'all...just tragic, tears are rolling down my face
knowing what he suffered and y'all with him. GOD bless.

Members online

No members online now.