URGENT!!! Need some help asap...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I talked to the vet this morning, this is definitely neurological related, mostly likely due to abuse or genetics. The night was a bit rough. She was very restless and finally fell asleep around 2am. She was up at 7, barking and whining. She usually sleeps in and I wake her. She is not listening at all, doesn't really care about treats. As much as this kills me to say, Im not sure i can give her the help she needs. Im thinking about contacting a rescue this afternoon. I feel so broken right now....

Isn't there a med that will help her? Did the vet give you any options?

OP
Bullyproof

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
The rescue was more of a rehab if need be, I refuse to let anyone put her down. I'm waiting on the results of the test.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The rescue was more of a rehab if need be, I refuse to let anyone put her down. I'm waiting on the results of the test.

My girl, Banks is on a neorilogical med for her back pain... not saying this one is the pill for Kiah, but there are options to treat her -- I am praying and sending positive thoughts to you and her.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I would certainly try and get her into a neurologist. It does sound very very strange. But there are so many different types of meds out there so don't give up hope yet!!

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I can understand that you feel "broken" and like you've tried so hard to help this girl. This may be more of a challenge for you than previous dogs you've been able to help....Please don't allow your feeling of helplessness to color the way you look at this girl. Hopefully the vet will have some options for you to that can help her...don't give up, please.

OP
Bullyproof

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
I still love her no matter what, I know this isn't her fault. I don't want to give up on her. I just want to get her the help she needs. She has been ok this afternoon and evening, I saw one "twitch" around 4:30pm and her whole demeanor changed, it lasted about 20 seconds. I backed off, and just talked to her till it was over. She has been listening since I got home. She didn't want to walk very far, I did take her for a car ride. She does really enjoy it.

Of course when we were at the vet, she was on her best behavior as if nothing was wrong. They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them what happened. They all said, "Oh, dogs don't do that". I explained it to a few different people and the one vet tech was giving me a real hard time. When she took Kiah to draw the panel. I pulled the vet off to the side and had a heart to heart with him. He was truly concerned and he met her last week. He has a bully himself and specializes in them. I looked him dead in the eye and told him, Man to Man, tell me what you think, please, I'm tired of people not taking this seriously. He said, "It definitely sounds neurological due to a chemical imbalance or major abuse." Hopefully the tests will give us some answers.

I talked to a few behaviorists today as well. 2 of them said, "That's impossible, dogs don't do that". I really wish I had gotten this on camera. I can't believe people aren't taking my word for it. As if I'm doing something wrong. I've only had her 3 weeks, why don't people understand and just blow it off? Too much for them to handle?

Ana, the behaviorist I have been working with finally called me back. At least she has enough experience she has seen situations similar to this.

It's just a waiting game at this point, thank you all...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thank you , Mike for the update on Kiah. You're doing a great job. We're all her for you, and care about Kiah's health and well being.:hug:

OP
Bullyproof

Bullyproof

Apr 11, 2013
S. FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Kiah (Kee-aah)
Just an update, she has been doing good today. No test results yet :/

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh my! I'm just seeing all of this. You poor soul. And your poor girl. :(. Like Christine said, neurological drugs are readily available. We used one for our Rottie. I so hope and pray you find the right help for her. Please don't feel broken...just take a deep breath and move forward. WHats that song lyric?? When you're going through hell..keep on going...:hug:

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
You touched all of our hearts with the story about finding Kiah and all the progress you have made. We are here for you supporting you and wishing the best. On those bad days remember that we are here for you to vent to and to cry to. Take care.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
We have a member here [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] who was fostering a bully who was perfectly fine for a while then suddenly attacked her and her dogs. Was taken to vet n there was a chemical problem but can't remember what it was. I would think there is something else going on here specially with the symptoms you are describing. I so hope you find out soon what's going on. Bless you.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
We have a member here @Twice who was fostering a bully who was perfectly fine for a while then suddenly attacked her and her dogs. Was taken to vet n there was a chemical problem but can't remember what it was. I would think there is something else going on here specially with the symptoms you are describing. I so hope you find out soon what's going on. Bless you.

It was his thyroid. The thread I started is HERE. A full T4 panel couldn't hurt but but this sounds different. I really, really hope this can be worked out with meds.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
[MENTION=8563]Bullyproof[/MENTION] and by the way, if I haven't said it already, I *love* your screen name.
Any updates...? I'm sure you've got your hands full, just wondering....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.