Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Need some help asap...

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Need some help asap...

Oh my! I'm just seeing all of this. You poor soul. And your poor girl. . Like Christine said, neurological drugs are readily available. We used one for our Rottie. I so hope and pray you find the right help for her. Please don't feel broken...just take a deep breath and move forward. WHats that song lyric?? When you're going through hell..keep on going...

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

You touched all of our hearts with the story about finding Kiah and all the progress you have made. We are here for you supporting you and wishing the best. On those bad days remember that we are here for you to vent to and to cry to. Take care.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

We have a member here @Twice who was fostering a bully who was perfectly fine for a while then suddenly attacked her and her dogs. Was taken to vet n there was a chemical problem but can't remember what it was. I would think there is something else going on here specially with the symptoms you are describing. I so hope you find out soon what's going on. Bless you.

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    We have a member here @Twice who was fostering a bully who was perfectly fine for a while then suddenly attacked her and her dogs. Was taken to vet n there was a chemical problem but can't remember what it was. I would think there is something else going on here specially with the symptoms you are describing. I so hope you find out soon what's going on. Bless you.

It was his thyroid. The thread I started is HERE. A full T4 panel couldn't hurt but but this sounds different. I really, really hope this can be worked out with meds.

For me, her name was Abby
    10/24/2011 - 11/23/1012

Obtaining a dog license should require more than writing a check.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

@Bullyproof and by the way, if I haven't said it already, I *love* your screen name.
    Any updates...? I'm sure you've got your hands full, just wondering....

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by christyjulene View Post
    You touched all of our hearts with the story about finding Kiah and all the progress you have made. We are here for you supporting you and wishing the best. On those bad days remember that we are here for you to vent to and to cry to. Take care.
    Well said.

I'm just finding this thread also and am praying for the best possible outcome. I also knew a dog for whom thyroid medication was a godsend. I'll be watching this thread!

Real Name
    Mike
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kiah (Kee-aah)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers! Thank you @cowsmom and @Twice, I'm just glad you all are out there and have an idea of what I'm going through. Some of these people I meet in the real world who consider themselves experts need to re-evaluate their position in life. Why I would spend close to $700 in testing to just make this up? UGH! @bluesteelapd, ty I thought the name was perfect! haha

Sorry for the delay, been working and spending my spare time with her all week. I even cut my hours down a bit, just in case.

Well it's Thursday and I've only gotten the results of the Chemistry. Still waiting on three results to come in. I'm patiently awaiting, ugh feels like forever. I may even switch vets, they only seem to be concerned with my CC number.

This week has been good for the most part. We have a new issue with her whining in her crate, since the episode. The first night it sounded like she was in pain so I took her outside, she didn't have to potty so we came back in 10 min later and I led her into her crate with her lead on. Luckily it seems a nice Egyptian cotton sheet on top of her bed seems to help a bit. She only whines for a few minutes now. I also set up radio and a wireless cam for her. I can check the cam from my phone to see how she's doing during the day. I'm not gone for more than 4-6 hours at a time. If am working late, I have a friend who comes over and lets her out. She knows everything that's going on of course, plus she was there the day I brought her home.

Now here is something interesting, since the episode. I leave a few things in her crate for her, a nylabone, an antler, a squeaky duck (lol she was afraid of it at first but now it's her wubbie) and an extra towel. When I get home. I find the towel mashed in between the the side of the crate, as well as her duck and she pushes the antler and the nylabone outside of the crate through the holes. I'm thinking she might be waiting for me to get home to play with them. I tried a bully stick too, which she just LOVES and I've found that outside of the crate too.

Any ideas?
    Everyday I see an improvement. Everyday she respects and trusts me even more. I'm honored that she chose me...

Real Name
    Mike
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kiah (Kee-aah)
    Likes (Received)

Just an update, I finally got the results back yesterday and everything was normal. Chemically, she is in perfect health. The next step is the neurological study. Whrich the vet is saying isn't necessary, I will be going to get a second opinion. I also have an appointment with 2 more behaviorists on Monday and Tuesday. I sware someone injected her with Dr. Jekylls' formula. She was fine yesterday morning. I left for 3 hours and when I got home she was scared of everything again....
    Everyday I see an improvement. Everyday she respects and trusts me even more. I'm honored that she chose me...

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awe Bless her heart!!! You are a Godsend to her. I'm sure she is in just as much confusion as you are. This is my first Bully so everything is new to me with him. Sounds like you should certainly seek a second opinion. Will be keeping you both in my prayers that there is a resolution.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fergus
    Likes (Received)

Sending you and Kiah lots of .

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

I'm checking in on Kiah too. Whatever is going on -- thank you for sharing it with us here. Your and Kiah's experience is going to help another bully.

I agree with finding the right vet for your situation.

Have you watched her play with those things on that camera? I'm guessing that she's playing with them and they "get away" from her through the bars of the kennel? That towel mashing - Bea does that too. She "digs" her bed and must rearrange all blankets --- even the ones she sits on in the car -- before settling in.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Remove Ads