Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Please help!

Great advice already given. Glad you posted here for more help. all I have to offer is the feeding suggestions I gave on fb. Please update us so we know how this is all coming along. I hope it comes together soon for you. With us, Miila found her place after a few exhausting months. She finally got it and understood what the rules were. Since then the pack of 3 get along great and we not have much worry. She did regress a bit ago, I think her terrible 2s kicked in and she was trying to step up to Cutty who is the alpha. I went back to handfeeding her last and she jumped right back in line. (Thankfully)

getting him neutered will also help to mellow him out some I think. It sure mellowed Cutty out back when we had him fixed. Good luck!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dozersmama View Post
    Try positive reinforcement. Keep them separate and any time they are near each other they both get very very special treats. You may want to start with the pup in a crate for safety. Teach the older bully that any time the new pup is near very good things happen but they only happen when new pup is near
    Try hot dogs . Most dog's love love love those. Dont use the regular treats you give them
    These won't be high value enough.
    HAHAHAHA! That's what I told the Vet I took Cami to see Tuesday, "She won't eat HOTDOGS!"

She wasn't eating anything(much)was crating herself, lethargic & depressed,ran a CBC & Thyroid,
    all was normal, after spending $200 she came home, ate like a piggy at supper and has been fine
    ever since!

Bullies...gotta love em and I sure do!!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

You've got some great advice. Keep us updated!!!

Real Name
    Mike
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kiah (Kee-aah)
    Likes (Received)

Kiah was very dog aggressive when I got her. She still is too an extent, but we work on it everyday. Now, on our walks she will look at other dogs, but there isn't much barking, charging or lunging anymore. When she is only the porch and a dog is walking down the street, she may get snippy 25% of the time now. Positive reinforcement is the way to go. If I can snap her out of it, she gets rewarded, if shes starts up, we just walk away and then when she is calm, she gets attention. Our walks have gotten soooo much better.

I have an uncut american bully that lives one complex over, that's another story, but she has calmed down as well and the Ambull has a responsible owner who knows Kiah's situation.
    Everyday I see an improvement. Everyday she respects and trusts me even more. I'm honored that she chose me...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads