Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

Real Name
    Robert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasmine, we call her Jazzy
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

My bulldog will not poop outside. I have stayed out there with her for an hour and she will not go. As soon as we come back inside she poops on the floor. Also if I give her something to sleep on she will urinate on it and will get in my son's bed and urinate on it also. HELP???

Real Name
    Nikki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

No insight here, but im sure others will be by to help...how old is she? Any life changes/stress factors lately?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

@Davidh @JAKEISGREAT Okay that will send you to two people who will give you some help with potty training. In the mean time welcome to English Bulldog News! Sounds like you have been doing lots of laundry and using lots of patience. We are glad that you have joined us and hopefully among all of us we can help make owning a Bully a little easier and a whole lotta fun.

Here is something I like to share http://www.englishbulldognews.com/co...-Am-Your-Puppy So hold on and some others will be by to help with your issue!
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Whew! You have a stubborn Bully on your hands. But...she will be ok! The secret is to take a deep breath and hitch up your britches!

I say this over and over...sorry for all you've listened over and over...you must go back to square one. I'm not sure how old she is..but it really doesn't matter. She's NOT housebroken and if you don't focus on getting it done...you will have a long term problem.

If she's young..she can't hold it for hours. I'm going to go on the premise that she's old enough to know better!

Put her on a leash in the house. Keep her close to you and watch her like a hawk. If and when you see the first sign of her going to go in the house, give the lead a gentle correction and use your best stern NO word. Immediately take her outside. When she goes outside, give her praise and bring her back in. Still tethered. If you must do something without her attached to you..take her outside first, then put her in her crate. No bedding in her crate.

Take her out every hour and when she goes praise her. Also after eating and playing.
    Don't let her sleep in bed with anyone..she will earn that after she's housebroken.

It will take patience and consistency..but she will catch on.

The leash is for you too..to focus on her signals so you can catch her signals and correct her behavior. Good Luck!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT - Can I quote you on that?

The secret is to take a deep breath and hitch up your britches! <== The NEW Secret to Successful Living

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT has given you some great advise, and I would do just like she said. Just be patient, you will get there. It may seem cruel to have them sleep in their crate without bedding, but it needs to be done. A couple of mine sleep without bedding because they will eat it, and Buddy just doesn't like it. He will just push it to the side and sleep without it.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Robert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thank you for your input and your time answering my questions. I was just about to pull my hair out. Jasmine(bulldog) is 6 months old. I have let her sleep in her crate without bedding and she seems to be ok with it so maybe that is the way to go. I will also try the leash idea as well. She hates the leash by the way.....I have both a harness and leash and she will not walk on either of them. Someone told me to put the leash on her in the house and just let her get used to having it on. So maybe this will fix both problems. Oh and 1 more question. I was told not to give my dog rawhide to chew on but is there a safe chew bone that will help her breath. It is pretty bad...LOL

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

Antlers are very safe. My question is why is Jasmine's breath bad at 6 months. Do you brush her teeth? Has her vet examined her palate to make sure the bone structure is complete? is her food okay on her tummy is she burping or having gas?
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Real Name
    Robert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I have not brushed her teeth may be that is an option. She has always had gas no matter what she eats.... I am not sure if the vet inspected her palate, but he did look at her teeth and throat. I will be taking her back to the vet soon so I will bring this up at the visit. Thanks for your help.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bertlpn View Post
    I have not brushed her teeth may be that is an option. She has always had gas no matter what she eats.... I am not sure if the vet inspected her palate, but he did look at her teeth and throat. I will be taking her back to the vet soon so I will bring this up at the visit. Thanks for your help.

Rawhides are a big no no for Bully's! And in my opinion all dogs. Also..stay away from Bully Sticks. Nylabones and antlers..along with tough kong chews are great!

Bulldog(s) Names
    LeRoy
    Likes (Received)

Can someone tell me why Rawhides are bad? i have been giving them to my puppy and he loves them and now I'm worried.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NewAccount2013 View Post
    Can someone tell me why Rawhides are bad? i have been giving them to my puppy and he loves them and now I'm worried.

Hi!!! Rawhides splinter VERY easily and can get stuck in your dogs throat. They are very dangerous!!!!

If you want something healthy then try the deer or elk antlers that have already mentioned. Your bully will think he's in heaven!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads