Help Needed! Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

bertlpn

Apr 15, 2013
Topeka, Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasmine, we call her Jazzy
My bulldog will not poop outside. I have stayed out there with her for an hour and she will not go. As soon as we come back inside she poops on the floor. Also if I give her something to sleep on she will urinate on it and will get in my son's bed and urinate on it also. HELP???

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
No insight here, but im sure others will be by to help...how old is she? Any life changes/stress factors lately?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Okay that will send you to two people who will give you some help with potty training. :sunny:In the mean time welcome to English Bulldog News! Sounds like you have been doing lots of laundry and using lots of patience. We are glad that you have joined us and hopefully among all of us we can help make owning a Bully a little easier and a whole lotta fun.

Here is something I like to share http://www.englishbulldognews.com/content.php?543-I-Am-Your-Puppy So hold on and some others will be by to help with your issue!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Whew! You have a stubborn Bully on your hands. But...she will be ok! The secret is to take a deep breath and hitch up your britches! :ROFL:

I say this over and over...sorry for all you've listened over and over...you must go back to square one. I'm not sure how old she is..but it really doesn't matter. She's NOT housebroken and if you don't focus on getting it done...you will have a long term problem.

If she's young..she can't hold it for hours. I'm going to go on the premise that she's old enough to know better!

Put her on a leash in the house. Keep her close to you and watch her like a hawk. If and when you see the first sign of her going to go in the house, give the lead a gentle correction and use your best stern NO word. Immediately take her outside. When she goes outside, give her praise and bring her back in. Still tethered. If you must do something without her attached to you..take her outside first, then put her in her crate. No bedding in her crate.

Take her out every hour and when she goes praise her. Also after eating and playing.
Don't let her sleep in bed with anyone..she will earn that after she's housebroken.

It will take patience and consistency..but she will catch on.

The leash is for you too..to focus on her signals so you can catch her signals and correct her behavior. Good Luck!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] - Can I quote you on that?

The secret is to take a deep breath and hitch up your britches! <== The NEW Secret to Successful Living :ROFL2:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] has given you some great advise, and I would do just like she said. Just be patient, you will get there. It may seem cruel to have them sleep in their crate without bedding, but it needs to be done. A couple of mine sleep without bedding because they will eat it, and Buddy just doesn't like it. He will just push it to the side and sleep without it.

OP
bertlpn

bertlpn

Apr 15, 2013
Topeka, Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for your input and your time answering my questions. I was just about to pull my hair out. Jasmine(bulldog) is 6 months old. I have let her sleep in her crate without bedding and she seems to be ok with it so maybe that is the way to go. I will also try the leash idea as well. She hates the leash by the way.....I have both a harness and leash and she will not walk on either of them. Someone told me to put the leash on her in the house and just let her get used to having it on. So maybe this will fix both problems. Oh and 1 more question. I was told not to give my dog rawhide to chew on but is there a safe chew bone that will help her breath. It is pretty bad...LOL

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Antlers are very safe. My question is why is Jasmine's breath bad at 6 months. Do you brush her teeth? Has her vet examined her palate to make sure the bone structure is complete? is her food okay on her tummy is she burping or having gas?

OP
bertlpn

bertlpn

Apr 15, 2013
Topeka, Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
I have not brushed her teeth may be that is an option. She has always had gas no matter what she eats.... I am not sure if the vet inspected her palate, but he did look at her teeth and throat. I will be taking her back to the vet soon so I will bring this up at the visit. Thanks for your help.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I have not brushed her teeth may be that is an option. She has always had gas no matter what she eats.... I am not sure if the vet inspected her palate, but he did look at her teeth and throat. I will be taking her back to the vet soon so I will bring this up at the visit. Thanks for your help.

Rawhides are a big no no for Bully's! And in my opinion all dogs. Also..stay away from Bully Sticks. Nylabones and antlers..along with tough kong chews are great!

NewAccount2013

Apr 5, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
LeRoy
Can someone tell me why Rawhides are bad? i have been giving them to my puppy and he loves them and now I'm worried.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Can someone tell me why Rawhides are bad? i have been giving them to my puppy and he loves them and now I'm worried.

Hi!!! Rawhides splinter VERY easily and can get stuck in your dogs throat. They are very dangerous!!!!:*(

If you want something healthy then try the deer or elk antlers that have already mentioned. Your bully will think he's in heaven!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=8594]bertlpn[/MENTION] You've been given some wonderful advice!!! All I can add is that I feel your pain about the urinating!! Daddy is now getting close to being 3 years old and he has finally stopped peeing on the bed ........ BUT ...... he likes to fluff and re-arrange everything before he lies down!! So the ideal situation would be to put a blanket on top of his bed so he has something to "fluff" and that way it stops him ripping the bed apart. As soon as I do that he pees on it. And it's not a little pee ...... it's a lot of pee!!!! :mad:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack

My pitty loved them. I used the compressed rawhide and I can't mention enough how many times I had to go pry his mouth open because a large piece flattened out and got lodged on the roof of his mouth. I was lucky each time that I was able to hook it with my index finger instead of pushing it further down. They do love them but they are really dangerous, more so for Bulldog as their mouth/throat close up different than say another dog. I can open my Jack's mount and see clear down his throat, Wilson and Emma's, well they're close up like a shark. I wish they were safe because they do love them no doubt.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
There's some wonderful advice from Becky. Jasmine's still a pup. Emma was hard to potty train. She was just over 6 months before she got it. She still would have a miss hap here and there. I would stay out with my guys too during their training process, sometimes even when it was raining or snowing out. Back to square one and be sure to stay positive, that's really important. If you catch her in the middle of pooping inside, pick her up in midstream if you have too and take her outside. Be sure to say good girl....might have to bite your tongue while saying it this. ;).

Most Reactions