Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Poops in house/Urinates on her bed and my son's bed

@bertlpn You've been given some wonderful advice!!! All I can add is that I feel your pain about the urinating!! Daddy is now getting close to being 3 years old and he has finally stopped peeing on the bed ........ BUT ...... he likes to fluff and re-arrange everything before he lies down!! So the ideal situation would be to put a blanket on top of his bed so he has something to "fluff" and that way it stops him ripping the bed apart. As soon as I do that he pees on it. And it's not a little pee ...... it's a lot of pee!!!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NewAccount2013 View Post
    Can someone tell me why Rawhides are bad? i have been giving them to my puppy and he loves them and now I'm worried.
    My pitty loved them. I used the compressed rawhide and I can't mention enough how many times I had to go pry his mouth open because a large piece flattened out and got lodged on the roof of his mouth. I was lucky each time that I was able to hook it with my index finger instead of pushing it further down. They do love them but they are really dangerous, more so for Bulldog as their mouth/throat close up different than say another dog. I can open my Jack's mount and see clear down his throat, Wilson and Emma's, well they're close up like a shark. I wish they were safe because they do love them no doubt.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

There's some wonderful advice from Becky. Jasmine's still a pup. Emma was hard to potty train. She was just over 6 months before she got it. She still would have a miss hap here and there. I would stay out with my guys too during their training process, sometimes even when it was raining or snowing out. Back to square one and be sure to stay positive, that's really important. If you catch her in the middle of pooping inside, pick her up in midstream if you have too and take her outside. Be sure to say good girl....might have to bite your tongue while saying it this. .
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Robert
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasmine, we call her Jazzy
    Likes (Received)

I don't understand why she would wanna pee and poop where she sleeps.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bertlpn View Post
    I don't understand why she would wanna pee and poop where she sleeps.
    Robert, it's strange isn't it? I'd always heard that dogs will not go where
    they sleep but have had 2 bullies, both older & adopted, and they both peed
    and happily laid in it and peeps here confirm other bullies will do it.

I had to take all bedding out of the crate, and limited their time on the bed.
    Going back to basics helps a lot, taking them out as soon as they got up to go
    out of the room to 'roam', before & after feedings, every 2 hrs, using the
    same word each time (we use 'go potty') lavish praise for going potty outside,
    keeping them leashed beside you to catch their signals works especially well,
    both mine gave almost no signs before peeing!

Also, my male would go out, do his business and immediately want inside. My
    female, Cami, here just 1 month, would go outside, never go, then inside, would
    pee...uggggg! I learned with her to wait her out! Also, as I went thru basic potty
    training w/her, taking her out every 2 hrs, praising her when she did go outside,
    saying the same 'Go Potty' every time is working well. She doesn't pee on the bed
    and rarely pees in her crate, really doesn't stay in her crate now, lol, is always w/me,
    rarely pees in the house...all this in a month's time!

Great advice from the other's, do your part, stay the course and she will get trained.
    Some pups do take 6 months to really get it, Jasmine's probably a late bloomer.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Veronica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bertlpn View Post
    Thank you for your input and your time answering my questions. I was just about to pull my hair out. Jasmine(bulldog) is 6 months old. I have let her sleep in her crate without bedding and she seems to be ok with it so maybe that is the way to go. I will also try the leash idea as well. She hates the leash by the way.....I have both a harness and leash and she will not walk on either of them. Someone told me to put the leash on her in the house and just let her get used to having it on. So maybe this will fix both problems. Oh and 1 more question. I was told not to give my dog rawhide to chew on but is there a safe chew bone that will help her breath. It is pretty bad...LOL
    Her breath shouldn't be that bad at 6 months, I'd have the vet check her for baby teeth that haven't been able to fall out completely and are rotting in there. Cleo had a couple that had to be given a little 'encouragement' to come out. Also, I have a bed wetter as well. My Mac loves to urinate on something soft and then cozy up on his nice warm urine He simply never gets to sleep outside of his kennel, wish he could but he just can't. Jasmine may always be a kennel sleeper Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads