Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 25

Thread: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

  1. #1
    General Jackson
    Guest

    Default sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    HELP!!! Im so frustrated! Jackson is 5 mo n there is no rhyme or reason as to when he decides to pee... I stay home all day n have him on a strict schedule... I take him out every hour and after he eats n plays as well as in the middle of the night... I only kennel him at night and when i leave the house and am never gone long... He will pee in his kennel n lay in it! I am soooooo FRUSTRATED n loosing hope!

  2. #2
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member RazrRila99's Avatar
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    186
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colossus
    Likes (Received)
    48

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Dont know if it makes any difference or not, but Colossus would pee in his kennel if he wasnt comfortable. I finally put a comforter in his kennel (vs the two bath towels I normally used) and he hasnt gone in a couple of weeks. It seems if I can keep him comfortable he will be ok.

  3. #3
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Ohhhh my! Well..Do you have any blankets or bedding in his crate? As cruel as it sounds..take it out. They often will go on the bedding. Also..I would put him on a leash in the house, and keep him tethered to you. What this does, is make you very aware of the slightest change in behavior that will lead to his peeing. If you see...ummmm. WHEN you see signs..immediately give a tug on the leash...use your NO word and take him out immediately! It won't take too long ..maybe a couple of weeks and you will have this under control.

    My sister is a dog trainer and this works every time...good luck!

  4. #4
    Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,341
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    I'm sure others on here can give you sound advise. I just wanted to pop in and say I completely understand your frustration! Having to come home, or just getting up from the chair to see, urine on the floor or him lying in it would be hard. You gotta clean the floor/crate and then clean him. However, please take a deep breath. He's only 5 months old, still a baby and accidents are gonna happen. I don't know if he's peeing because he has anxiety that you're gone. Peeing in the house when your home because he drank too much water.... I don't know. Is his crate a bit small if he can pee in it and then lay in it as well?

    Good Luck. You're doing everything right. Give yourself a break and prepare for more accidents. Its ok.

    Edited to add:

    You can keep him on a leash while in the house to help with accidents until he's a little older. This way he's never more than 6 feet from you and when he gets ready to squat you can pick him up and run him outside.

  5. #5
    General Jackson
    Guest

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RazrRila99 View Post
    Dont know if it makes any difference or not, but Colossus would pee in his kennel if he wasnt comfortable. I finally put a comforter in his kennel (vs the two bath towels I normally used) and he hasnt gone in a couple of weeks. It seems if I can keep him comfortable he will be ok.
    Yes, i use to put towels in there but now have a really thick blanket and theres no difference... I read on hear and other places that you shouldnt put blankets, towels or anything in there kennel while trying to potty train but i am wore out having to give him a bath everyday... at least with something in there hes not wet, stinky n needing a bath several times a day... every once in a while he will go a few days with out peeing in there but then he will go every day for two weeks and his schedule doesnt change...

  6. #6
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    I had to take all the beds and pads out of the crates of both my girl bullies and so far so good! Its been a couple months with Lola who is 11 months and about a week with Lucy who is three and a half months and she hasn't went all week in her crate! Lucy will pee on the floor though if she gets to busy or if she plays then all of a sudden remembers she has to go potty but for the most part she does pretty well. With Lola on the other hand I had to go back to putting her on a leash in the house and taking her out every hour. I also had to make sure she went pee and five her some time after to poop and not rush inside. The leash thing really helps though because you start to notice his signals and what to watch for.

  7. #7
    General Jackson
    Guest

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesteelapd View Post
    I'm sure others on here can give you sound advise. I just wanted to pop in and say I completely understand your frustration! Having to come home, or just getting up from the chair to see, urine on the floor or him lying in it would be hard. You gotta clean the floor/crate and then clean him. However, please take a deep breath. He's only 5 months old, still a baby and accidents are gonna happen. I don't know if he's peeing because he has anxiety that you're gone. Peeing in the house when your home because he drank too much water.... I don't know. Is his crate a bit small if he can pee in it and then lay in it as well?

    Good Luck. You're doing everything right. Give yourself a break and prepare for more accidents. Its ok.

    Edited to add:

    You can keep him on a leash while in the house to help with accidents until he's a little older. This way he's never more than 6 feet from you and when he gets ready to squat you can pick him up and run him outside.
    Yes i have the kind of kennel that has the divider and read on here that you should only have it large enough for him to be comfortable, be able to stand up , turn around n lay down... He mainly pees in his kennel even if i take him out every hour or right before we put him in there... Theres no consistancy with it...

  8. #8
    General Jackson
    Guest

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    I had to take all the beds and pads out of the crates of both my girl bullies and so far so good! Its been a couple months with Lola who is 11 months and about a week with Lucy who is three and a half months and she hasn't went all week in her crate! Lucy will pee on the floor though if she gets to busy or if she plays then all of a sudden remembers she has to go potty but for the most part she does pretty well. With Lola on the other hand I had to go back to putting her on a leash in the house and taking her out every hour. I also had to make sure she went pee and five her some time after to poop and not rush inside. The leash thing really helps though because you start to notice his signals and what to watch for.
    thats what i did and he will be soaked by 4 am when we get up n its an hour ordeal every morning bathing him, drying him n cleaning the kennels n thats hard at 4 am... I restrict his water after after 5pm and get up during the night to take him out... allot of times when he does it it doesnt make sense because he just went etc... He doesnt do it much in the house because i watch him like a hawk but if i put him in the kennel to shower, run to the store, run to get the kids, anytime i cant watch him he will pee but he does have good weeks where its not so bad... is schedule is very strict n im consistant so maybe it just takes time but having to bathe him every morning is getting so tiresome...not to meantion not good for his skin... I guess i just need to settle down n give it more time... My husband thinks i should leave his bedding in there because either way he pees n with the bedding the urine doesnt make him stink n he doesnt require at bath every single morning....

  9. #9
    Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    sweetpeasmom2008's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,518
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Sounds to me like it is going to take time but that would be tiresome for sure!

  10. #10
    General Jackson
    Guest

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom2008 View Post
    Sounds to me like it is going to take time but that would be tiresome for sure!
    To say the least lool... We almost dread getting up in the morning n i really dont want it to be this way... We dont dread him at all but dread the every morning bath n cleaning... I may have to get up 3 times a night but im afraid if i get up that many times that i will be a walking zombie everyday but that may be the answer... That doesnt work during the day though cause he can be in the kennel one hour n he will pee... Hes been checked for a blatter infection n hes clear so maybe he just likes pee

  11. #11
    Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,341
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    could puppy pads in the crate help?

  12. #12
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    BabyDuke's Avatar
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    1,212
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by General Jackson View Post
    To say the least lool... We almost dread getting up in the morning n i really dont want it to be this way... We dont dread him at all but dread the every morning bath n cleaning... I may have to get up 3 times a night but im afraid if i get up that many times that i will be a walking zombie everyday but that may be the answer... That doesnt work during the day though cause he can be in the kennel one hour n he will pee... Hes been checked for a blatter infection n hes clear so maybe he just likes pee
    do you take his water up in the evening? does he drink alot at night?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •