Help Needed! sooooooo FRUSTRATED!!!

OP
G

General Jackson

could puppy pads in the crate help?

Well i could try but he still chews on any and everything so im afraid he will chew on it rip it apart n then choke or swallow it... He also scratches n nest with whatever i put in there so he would probably wad it up lol...

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What kind of cleaner are you using for his crate? Just make sure it's not an ammonia based cleaner which can actually cause Jackson to urinate in the same spot over and over again. The idea of "teathering" him to you at all times is a good one until he can be trusted to not pee indoors. I hope you will see progress soon!

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Hi Have you taken him to the vet and had him checked out for any possible health issues? Fergus is 5 months and pee'd everywhere for the first 2 weeks we had him. We had pee pads everywhere and every time he would squat we ran to the pee pads. Once he figured that out we slowly did away with the pee pads and would reward a treat and heavy praise when he would go outside. We are slowly weening him off the treats. Its very frustrating but stay and dont give up it will get better sending you :hug2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice above but wanted to add the possibility of a UTI, if he has one he can't help it. Is the pee nice and watery yellow or orange brown?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
When I brought Forde home I was told by the breeder to keep him in his crate with nothing else at all.....use the divider and give him no more room than what he needed to turn around comfortably , sit or lie down...he did great!
Sorry you are having such a hard time with the training, hopefully you will figure out what makes him click :) Also like mentioned above it could possibly be a health issue......on the plus side..he sure is CUTIE :2thumbs:

Last edited:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We kennel trained Sheldon and at first he peed in his kennel almost every night and we took the fleece blanket out and he quit peeing in his kennel. Like you I stay home so it was me doing the training and for me I praised him a lot when he went outside and he really likes to hear he is a good boy and that seemed to be great incentive to him and now we hardly if ever have accidents in the house and if there is he looks at me like he has disgraced himself. If praise doesn't work though try a treat when he goes outside so that he associates good with going outside. Don't know if that will help I hope so, and like they said he is just a baby so it will take time and patience. Something else I just thought of is his kennel in a spare room or a room that is empty when he is in it? If so try putting the kennel in your room or one of your childrens rooms. Sheldon hates being separated from us in any way, that may have something to do with it.

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Oh I feel your pain. Nate is 6 months old and has given us a run for our money. He had a dribbling issue and had numerous tests done with diagnosis as to why he does it. If that is not enough, he has now taken up peeing in his bed at night and laying in it. I tell my husband all the time, he is lucky he is so cute!!! We have to bath Nate a lot also because he tends to dribble down his leg at night. Hang in there.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.