invisible fence question...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
yes, yes, yes...Back when I had an invisible fence, if one of my 2 bulldogs(Hoss) wanted out, he would walk up to the fence until the collar started beeping and then close his eyes and walk right through it. But once he got out, he would NOT do a repeat performance to get back in. He'd just sit at the fence and bark.

Lolll

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes, yes, yes...Back when I had an invisible fence, if one of my 2 bulldogs(Hoss) wanted out, he would walk up to the fence until the collar started beeping and then close his eyes and walk right through it. But once he got out, he would NOT do a repeat performance to get back in. He'd just sit at the fence and bark.

LOL. LOL... love it!! It was worth the pain to leave but not come home! Lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When I lived in Maryland on a farm, there was a telephone pole about 300 ft. from the house. One morning I heard deep barking and barking. I looked outside, and there was a giant Great Dane standing by the telephone pole, barking. I called him and he wouldn't move. Looking around and Up, I realized that he had an electric collar on, and when he tried to move,the above wires would shock him! I went and got a long pole(wood) and shoved him out from under the wires, and he came to me. Turned out his owners were away and neighbor was watching the dogs. Elec was off for awhile, and dogs left the boundry. I eventually found out who was "watching" them, and someone else, found the other dog. Personally, I would never go away and leave the dogs,and certainly not outside. Poor Dane wad getting a BIG shock from the overhead wires!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
When I lived in Maryland on a farm, there was a telephone pole about 300 ft. from the house. One morning I heard deep barking and barking. I looked outside, and there was a giant Great Dane standing by the telephone pole, barking. I called him and he wouldn't move. Looking around and Up, I realized that he had an electric collar on, and when he tried to move,the above wires would shock him! I went and got a long pole(wood) and shoved him out from under the wires, and he came to me. Turned out his owners were away and neighbor was watching the dogs. Elec was off for awhile, and dogs left the boundry. I eventually found out who was "watching" them, and someone else, found the other dog. Personally, I would never go away and leave the dogs,and certainly not outside. Poor Dane wad getting a BIG shock from the overhead wires!!!

Reminds me when I was in my teens working at Sears my first job, I was taking the bus home. One rainy day I’m heading towards the bus stop with my umbrella and got a fregen huge shock cause there was big electric poles crossing the whole parking mall lot along the highway. Sh*t that umbrella went flying so fast out of my hand. Never again I walk with an umbrella. Back then was them metal tips on them.

Probably explains a lot of things :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
We have invisible fence for our 3 dogs. Best thing we’ve ever done. They know where their boundaries are. They really don’t even need receivers on anymore. Our biggest issue is not that the dogs can get out, but that feral pigs, Bob cats, coyote and gators can get in. We never leave dogs out if we’re not home, even if just to run to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online