EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: invisible fence question...

I don't have any personal experience w/invisible fence but my brother uses them… he has a lab mix and a frenchie. Sometimes if the lab sees something he "REALLY" wants her will jump the fence and take the shock… like a cat or squirrel. I would be wary of someone stealing my bully personally.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Im not a fan of anything with " shock " as it cant be good for them so maybe put a normal fence
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Country
    Pakistan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Finally! I have got this best electric dog fence. Thanks a alot for you suggestiions.
    best electric dog fence

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    ...as they do have a high tolerance to pain and if they want out they will ignore the pain.
    yes, yes, yes...Back when I had an invisible fence, if one of my 2 bulldogs(Hoss) wanted out, he would walk up to the fence until the collar started beeping and then close his eyes and walk right through it. But once he got out, he would NOT do a repeat performance to get back in. He'd just sit at the fence and bark.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    yes, yes, yes...Back when I had an invisible fence, if one of my 2 bulldogs(Hoss) wanted out, he would walk up to the fence until the collar started beeping and then close his eyes and walk right through it. But once he got out, he would NOT do a repeat performance to get back in. He'd just sit at the fence and bark.
    Lolll

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    LOL. LOL... love it!! It was worth the pain to leave but not come home! Lol lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

When I lived in Maryland on a farm, there was a telephone pole about 300 ft. from the house. One morning I heard deep barking and barking. I looked outside, and there was a giant Great Dane standing by the telephone pole, barking. I called him and he wouldn't move. Looking around and Up, I realized that he had an electric collar on, and when he tried to move,the above wires would shock him! I went and got a long pole(wood) and shoved him out from under the wires, and he came to me. Turned out his owners were away and neighbor was watching the dogs. Elec was off for awhile, and dogs left the boundry. I eventually found out who was "watching" them, and someone else, found the other dog. Personally, I would never go away and leave the dogs,and certainly not outside. Poor Dane wad getting a BIG shock from the overhead wires!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    When I lived in Maryland on a farm, there was a telephone pole about 300 ft. from the house. One morning I heard deep barking and barking. I looked outside, and there was a giant Great Dane standing by the telephone pole, barking. I called him and he wouldn't move. Looking around and Up, I realized that he had an electric collar on, and when he tried to move,the above wires would shock him! I went and got a long pole(wood) and shoved him out from under the wires, and he came to me. Turned out his owners were away and neighbor was watching the dogs. Elec was off for awhile, and dogs left the boundry. I eventually found out who was "watching" them, and someone else, found the other dog. Personally, I would never go away and leave the dogs,and certainly not outside. Poor Dane wad getting a BIG shock from the overhead wires!!!
    Reminds me when I was in my teens working at Sears my first job, I was taking the bus home. One rainy day I’m heading towards the bus stop with my umbrella and got a fregen huge shock cause there was big electric poles crossing the whole parking mall lot along the highway. Sh*t that umbrella went flying so fast out of my hand. Never again I walk with an umbrella. Back then was them metal tips on them.

Probably explains a lot of things

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

We have invisible fence for our 3 dogs. Best thing we’ve ever done. They know where their boundaries are. They really don’t even need receivers on anymore. Our biggest issue is not that the dogs can get out, but that feral pigs, Bob cats, coyote and gators can get in. We never leave dogs out if we’re not home, even if just to run to the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads