Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
Hi
Training diesel was trying at times but I got there. (After my soon to be x wife) brought another puppy into my house it was hectic, the house was a mare. As normality is settling back in diesel has started wee ing everywhere, he is 9 months old and I know he is marking his territory but apart from wee in his crate (joke) I have to ideas

Any help

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well at 9 months old he does know better, just keep working with him, and go back to the basics, and he should stop after a little while.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Would giving Diesel a treat when he goes wee wee outside help remind him that outside is the place to wee.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
3 days he's done it 4 times, the thing is he knows he's done wrong

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
3 days he's done it 4 times, the thing is he knows he's done wrong

Maybe it's time for a visit to the vet? Make sure there isn't a medical reason for this. Capture a cup full of his first pee of the day and march to the vet to have it tested.

If not medical, like David said, "Back to basics". Put a drag leash on him and never let him out of your sight for awhile and monitor those bathroom visits like you did when he was a wee pup. He'll get back in the groove.

OP
jimmyjj

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
I don't think he needs to go to the vet.
His crate is in a room just off the kitchen ( sort of utility room ) it's roughly 5 foot by 11 foot.
His crate door is always open so he can walk out and get his water, food and stretch his legs.
He's in there for 4 hrs max a day and he never wees in his bed room. It's more where I sit, it's as if he's marking his territory round me.
The back patio door is always open, he loves the garden and the outside.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't think he needs to go to the vet.
His crate is in a room just off the kitchen ( sort of utility room ) it's roughly 5 foot by 11 foot.
His crate door is always open so he can walk out and get his water, food and stretch his legs.
He's in there for 4 hrs max a day and he never wees in his bed room. It's more where I sit, it's as if he's marking his territory round me.
The back patio door is always open, he loves the garden and the outside.

then back to basics with him....

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
regression, it happens way too often, especially with the males. and at that age where adolescence starts showing it's evil little head. back to basics, right on

mom of 5

Jul 26, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Gucci & Louie
My Male turned 1 May 13th. He has started peeing on Bean Bags, and today, he peed on my son's pillow as he was changing his bedding. I'm guessing it is marking, too. He's been housetrained for a bit now, but I forgot the "basics"! Someone please refresh my memory..=/ I sure don't want my house smelling like urine! Thanks for the advice!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.