Help Needed! Bulldog keeps barking

Rocco123

Apr 3, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Hi new to this website but was jut wondering if anyone could help my British bulldog Rocco is 5 but has recently started barking n howling/moaning when we leave him home alone. Neighbours can hear him all day nothing has changed within our life's to bring this behaviour on we have always left him home alone since he was a pup have tried leaving in chews toys nothing seems to work any help would be much appreciated before we really start to upset the neighbours thanks xx

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is there any activity going on in the area that would wake him during the day? Our Banksy, is now doing this as well, but it is because of construction that is taking place next door to us.... the crew tell me they can hear her barking at them all day

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
So the neighbors are telling you that he is indeed barking all day long and not just after you have left the house? Strange that it just recently started happening. Maybe he should get a health check up to make sure everything's okay. Sometimes leaving the radio on may help so he doesn't feel "lonely". Other than that, I have no other advice for you but hopefully others will come along w/some words of wisdom.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Weird that at 5 he would start this barking unless something has changed like new neighbor dog; Ruggles is a barker for attention, 6 yrs. old, and always has been a barker for attention.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
The first thought is separation anxiety, but at 5 years old it doesn't seem as likely especially since it just started

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.