General Question Gretchen update

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
Been under the weather for a few days so haven't had any posting time. well As promised, wanted to give you a Gretchen update. She is doing well in most all areas. only really 2 that concern me. She still messes with the cat if he runs only- if he is still he walks the other way so that is progress to me. Next thing she has kinda went backwards on. she is uses the bathroom outside all day. goes to the door and then at night she uses in house. I take her outside to pee and don't let her have any food or water after 7 since we go to bed rarely early on week nights. she uses it outside then randomly gets up and won't let me take her out but she squats on the carpet. I clean it and does the same spot the next night- think she is marking territory by the same spot and how can I break the night time peeing in the house? someone please help with this. It is starting to get over whelming with the cleaning daily.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great to hear there is progres....

the house training is always the hardest -- have you used vinegar and water on the 'pee spot'? That will remove her scent and maybe stop her from peeing there.
Is she waking you up to go out? Do you have her in her pen at night and she is whining?

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
I was letting her sleep in bed with me. She jumped down to pee but she won't pee all night in her pen. I don't use crate unless I leave. Seems freedom allows her to pee as she pleases. She doesn't whine or give me any signs. During day she goes to door and spins so I know she wants to go out

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
This is where using a crate is a fabulous tool. If she doesn't pee in there (which she shouldn't) put her in there.

Breaking the habit of nightly peeing in the house is much harder than establishing "holding it all night" in your crate.

How about a nightly walk before bed? That way, you will know she's emptied her bladder completely and is tired enough to settle down for the night?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.