General Question I have a bed wetter

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
I take Gretchen out right before its bed time and as soon as she gets on my bed she swats and pees again. its annoying. she has done this 3 out of 4 times. Last night she had to sleep in the bathroom. I had enough of the bed peeing. any thoughts as to why she does this? She can't sleep with us ( like she really wants to) until she stops peeing in my bed. I would understand middle of night or early morning but as soon as we get it- really????:cursing:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby is the same you can take him out right before bed and as soon as he gets in his bed he pees in it. We threw out his bed. Its a privilege for him not a right. So until he smartens up the carpet will have to do for him.

I have noticed now that his bed is gone he has no more accidents in the middle of the night.

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Well hum...I'm sorry but I don't know how old your baby is..could it be a dominence thing? Do you praise her when she uses the bathroom outside? Does she only do this when it's bedtime or does she have accidents other places in the house? Has she always done this when you put her in the bed? Are there other animals who's smells could be on the bed that she doesn't like?

lets start there... :)

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
not her bed- MY bed!!!!!! she is 3 and she is a resue. yes I praise her for going outside and she does fairly well for what she has been through. I don't want her sleeping with me just yet. shes new and restless and I want to get her more calm but as soon as I put her in her spot for the night she whines and my husband feels sorry for her. He is a softy. I let my beagle sleep with us but he never wets the bed or even in the house. she does it eveytime she gets on my bed.

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
how about the cat? she is not fond of them yet. I hope that is the issue- that can br solved but she has to stop peeing on my bed. I hate washing bed sheets over and over evey day

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
not her bed- MY bed!!!!!! she is 3 and she is a resue. yes I praise her for going outside and she does fairly well for what she has been through. I don't want her sleeping with me just yet. shes new and restless and I want to get her more calm but as soon as I put her in her spot for the night she whines and my husband feels sorry for her. He is a softy. I let my beagle sleep with us but he never wets the bed or even in the house. she does it eveytime she gets on my bed.

Is she peeing on a certain side/spot each time or just where ever?

OP
michelle23093

michelle23093

Mar 17, 2013
virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gretchen
First time it was my side next time was my husbands then in the middle

- - - Updated - - -

First time it was my side next time was my husbands then in the middle

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
I'm wondering if some type of deterrent scent would help with that...similar to the bitter apple spray you can get to help keep them from chewing on furniture?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.