Other I just need to vent!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am having a really hard time! I have a 10 month old EB and 11 week old EB and Lucy the puppy took to the litter box really well and went a week and a half with no accidents. Lola since bringing the puppy home has started peeing and pooping on the floor and will go right up to where the puppy is sitting or sleeping and will go potty right next to her. So it has been almost 5 weeks now of this and I went back to basics taking her out every hour and keeping her on a leash as much as I can in the house also she is no longer allowed on my furniture, she did good for a couple days and now on leash or not she will potty. I can't break Lola from doing this I don't know what else to do I know I am either doing something wrong or she is feeling upset about something like the puppy I just don't know how to make her feel better and be happy again so this will stop. She plays with the puppy and is so good with her I just don't know why we are having all these potty issues. Lucy the past 3 to 4 days has started going potty on the floor because she see's Lola doing it and I have been using urine cleaner to try to stop this. She also went potty in her crate last night and Lucy has never done that she cries at night when she has to go and I put her in the potty box. Now I stayed up tell 2 am shampooing my carpet and moving all my furniture around so this morning the puppy Lucy gets up and starts peeing all over my carpet. I am so scared what is coming in the future because it just keeps getting worse! I have started hating to get up in the morning because I know its going to be cleaning up poop from two dogs and cleaning up pee off my carpet all day non stop. I am getting behind in my college classes because I can't leave them alone for two seconds! I just really am feeling overwhelmed and I don't know how to fix the issues. Any ideas?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sorry you are experiencing such difficulties. I only know the basics of your situation..but personally, I think it is using the box or pads. Lola is confused and now reverting to peeing in places she didn't before. I've always felt, when it comes to housebreaking..you have to keep it simple. Outside..train once and not train on pads and then again outside.

When a puppy comes..the older dog will often start acting up..exactly like an older sibling. Lola sees the puppy peeing "in the house"..why not her? I'm thinking..you now have to housebreak 2 pups...totally outside..no pads or box.

Just my opinion..:)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]-I think you may be right! The problem being I live on a pretty busy street in apartments and also their are dogs and cats that live here and go outside as well and the risk of parvo is to high for me to take her outside. If we lived in a gated area I would feel better about it but there is to much traffic in and out of here. My vet told me not to take her out tell her third shot so Im not sure what I should do.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT-I think you may be right! The problem being I live on a pretty busy street in apartments and also their are dogs and cats that live here and go outside as well and the risk of parvo is to high for me to take her outside. If we lived in a gated area I would feel better about it but there is to much traffic in and out of here. My vet told me not to take her out tell her third shot so Im not sure what I should do.

I remember that now.. Well...I'm afraid there just won't be an easy fix ..when your pup can start regular outside housebreaking ...then you will have to go cold turkey and start both together. Is there a concrete area that is more accessible? You can clean it and maybe safely take them out? Good news is..it must be close to time for her 3rd shot???

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ya two more weeks tell her 3rd shot! I have a big litter box that is 3 feet long and I wish Lola would just go in there if she is going to go in the house and pick that up from Lucy!:tongue:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Ya two more weeks tell her 3rd shot! I have a big litter box that is 3 feet long and I wish Lola would just go in there if she is going to go in the house and pick that up from Lucy!:tongue:

Sorry you're going through this, It's got to be very hard and frustrating, hang in there mama

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am going to go get a baby gate today to block off my kitchen so when I go to leave they can stay in there. Im watching them like a hawk today!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
What about one of those green turf things with the large pan under it designed for dogs who live in apartments? Maybe that would work, I have seen some really large ones available on-line and in Petsmart. Also the Kitchen sounds like an option; make sure your cabnets have child locks on them or at least are unable to be opened by the swipe of a paw or you may find they kept themselves busy in the cabnets. Good luck!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have a white iris pen but she cries the whole time she is in it! I will have to give it another try and maybe make sure her favorite bed is in there. So far this morning Lucy 1 pee no poop Lola 1 poop 1 pee

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
do you have a patio? some apartments have a sliding glass door that has a patio on them ... that would be a way to set up a outdoor potty area for both girls?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So for 3 days now Lola hasn't had any accidents and she has started going to the door again! Lucy is doing well she won't poop on my floor now and will go to the potty box but she will pee if I don't watch but for the most part she goes to the potty box. She has went potty in her crate 2 nights straight so last night I took her bed out and let her lay just on the pan in the crate and she hated it! She cried all night so hopefully she has learned thats what happens when she potties on her stuff. I think we are headed the right direction though and Im just going to stay on it! I havent been on EBN much because I have been busy dealing with them but it has been so worth it!

Most Reactions