Gunny Pee in Crate...Help

usmc03grunt

Nov 27, 2012
Port Orange, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cammie and Gunny
So Gunny is now 4 months almost all the way potty trained during the day but at night when he goes in his crate he pees throughout the night. After a while we had to take his bed out and put old towels down. At 3am I hear him bark once, I go to take him out to pee and I see him laying on the towel in which he peed on. He is covered in it at that point!

Help please. I thought dogs don't potty where they sleep.

Note on what type of setting he is in: crate with blanket covering all but one side to feel like a den and we turn light off and shut bathroom door where his den is!

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
I never crate trained so cant help with that bit but a few people on here have said about they dont put a blanket in the crate with them because they would pee on it chew it etc and it helped.
Also as hes still very young maybe just lettin him out once a night isnt enough? He still has only a very small bladder i used to let Meeko out 3/4 times a night between 10pm and 6am at first then made the time frame a little longer until he eventually went all night. it was easy for me though as i had a young baby.
Also what about taking his water up and restricting it close to bed time? So when he empties his bladder before being crated it really is completely empty? Good luck xx

brit1chick

Nov 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
sophie scarlett
My girl is the same, she pees in her bed. I have to wipe her down every morning because she is white and all her back legs and underneath her tummy are stained yellow. She is 5 months and the advice I got was to take all her blankets away, so I put a cushion in her bed that was covered with a thick plastic cover and she didn't seem to pee on that. I have since replaced her covers and bought her a lovely x large soft bed to sleep in, and she straight away peed on it . So I think I am going to have to go back to the plastic. I just hope she grows out of it, because she is really stinky with it.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
A pup who has been fine in the crate all night, and then starts to pee in it, may have a UTI. I would call the vet and see ifyou can bring in a specimen. I also do not believe in restricting water- ever. The only time it is not free is during the night in the crate. Bogey takes a HUGE drink of water before bed every night. Restrictiing water can actually fuel a UTI. I would hav it checked out.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online