Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going out at night

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: going out at night

also my pup pees in his crate all the time no matter how much I take him out thru the night because he had a bad UTI and it set him back big time...I have to reteach all his potty habits( best of luck

- - - Updated - - -

also my pup pees in his crate all the time no matter how much I take him out thru the night because he had a bad UTI and it set him back big time...I have to reteach all his potty habits( best of luck
    proud owner of a baby boy bully named Silas!!!!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Silastheman View Post
    my Silas learned to stop fussing when I would bang the crate a little and say shhhhh. I read to do this in a puppy training book, or to shake a loud can of coins..my banging the crate and shhh was less scary, because it was quiter than the can of coins and he would hear my voice..he now only fusses when he needs to go potty..it worked for him..I wasnt MEAN...thanks and good luck
    Good to hear, I've personally never read that in a puppy training book (not that it's not there, just never read that). All mine said to do what I mentioned. When you said bang it leads one to think a loud knocked on the crate. Can of coins works great but not for that. It's really more for when you want to stop a undesirable habit or round play when you have more than one. Thanks for explaining that.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Victoria Madden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silas
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Good to hear, I've personally never read that in a puppy training book (not that it's not there, just never read that). All mine said to do what I mentioned. When you said bang it leads one to think a loud knocked on the crate. Can of coins works great but not for that. It's really more for when you want to stop a undesirable habit or round play when you have more than one. Thanks for explaining that.

your very welcome. I have read many places to try the can of coins if he wont stop whining in crate but my pup was too scared of that. I guess every one has their own ways and all pups respond to different things!! I am never mean or scary towards Silas, just the opposite haha he is a spoiled little man
    proud owner of a baby boy bully named Silas!!!!

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the great input and information, everyone!

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

Hi, thanks for the sample schedule! You said you posted this originally on the "puppy Club forum." Where do I find that? I looked through the forum topics and didn't see a puppy club one...

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

When Bacon was a puppy we used to leave an old clock(that ticks) in his pen with him and wrapped it in the undershirt that I wore to work that day so it would smell like me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunner
    Likes (Received)

i'm in the same situation. We are up every 3 hours to go out and potty. I don't expect that he will make it 100% through the night until 6 months.

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

I don't want to jinx myself but I think I got pretty lucky. If I put Agnes in her crate around midnight she doesn't usually wake up until 6 or 7 with no accidents. Her second night home, I heard her crying at about 4am and took her out then put her back in bed. So far, so good! Thanks for all the advice. Our main problem is biting and chewing. She's doing pretty good with potty training but she does NOT want to stop biting me no matter how firm I am with her corrections.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads