General Question Handling the bad days

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
So dozer was just being a jerk yesterday. Barking all day, wouldn't leave the cats alone wouldn't go outside to go potty unless I went with him. So finally its bed time and he barked in his crate till like 2 in the morning. Im curious on how you guys handle these type of days because I would like to assume im not the only one who has them lol. Here is a picture of the trouble maker.

736139_10151362437626418_963558992_o.jpg

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
i had one of those days yesterday as well. think it's because his schedule was out of wack, and he was bored and tired.
i just grinned and dealt. they're puppies, gonna have those days. i did put him for a time out when he got too mouthy or the barking started. it took some time, but he calmed down.
just remember, stay calm.

lol.. what an adorable pic of him. he looks so innocent.. haha

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is being totally normal.... make sure he gets plenty of exercise... a tired bully is a good bully.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I think he needs to go for a good ole fashioned walk, he'll be good and tired when you want to be

OP
Higgins

Higgins

Dec 21, 2012
Denver, CO
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Yeah we live in colorado sometimes its just to cold for walks lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Yeah we live in colorado sometimes its just to cold for walks lol

Put him on a treadmill, if you don't own one, you can buy one cheap from
those who've given up, lol Also, skateboards seem to fascinate all bullys!

Puppies, young & older (bullies aren't mature until 3, physically or mentally)
are full of energy, it must be redirected and used up. It does sound like he was
bored. Understanding you might just be too busy maybe hire a teen or neighbor
to dogwalk or has a backyard & even tempered dogs to play with.
Not all bullies are lazy and laid back, some are higher energy thru out their lives
but all puppies have excessive energy. He's really cute & and does look so innocent!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
he is being totally normal.... make sure he gets plenty of exercise... a tired bully is a good bully.

I think he needs to go for a good ole fashioned walk, he'll be good and tired when you want to be

Too cold for whom? The human or the dog? LOL Dogs need to travel! I start acting like a jerk if I get cabin fever too.

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
We have seen a TREMENDOUS change in Bogey since we started puppy daycare once a week, and trips to the dog park fairly regularly. His biting and mouthing has decreased 10 fold! When he comes home, he crashes. We also take him everywhere with us when we can, and that stimulates him because EVERYONE has to stop and pet him! Yesterday was the first day in many that we did not go anywhere, and he started acting up! So, we got him outside for a nice LONG walk which he hates! But, the fresh air did him good, he came in, ate dinner, chewed on his toys for awhile and was asleep by 8. We did not have one biting incident either! Keeping him busy has been a great key to success!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My baby boy Voitto can be the worst pita sometimes! I just need to keep calm, ignore bad bahaviour and reward good. He has tested our patience...Usko was an easy child! ...or that how I remember...

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
With a beautiful face like that, I don't believe he was being a jerk. Max sometimes gets a bit anxious ( not to the degree u are describing). If he is overly tired like a baby he is cranky & barky. I try to sooth him, hold him, rub his belly, make him relax till he falls asleep.
How old is Dozer?

Lulu belle

Jan 18, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Put him on a treadmill, if you don't own one, you can buy one cheap from
those who've given up, lol Also, skateboards seem to fascinate all bullys!

Puppies, young & older (bullies aren't mature until 3, physically or mentally)
are full of energy, it must be redirected and used up. It does sound like he was
bored. Understanding you might just be too busy maybe hire a teen or neighbor
to dogwalk or has a backyard & even tempered dogs to play with.
Not all bullies are lazy and laid back, some are higher energy thru out their lives
but all puppies have excessive energy. He's really cute & and does look so innocent!

Is there a way to get them to walk on the treadmill? We haven't tried in a few years but when we did Max wasn't having it. He refused to walk & just sat. My husband & I tried to hold him up but could get him to walk. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions??

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
When it gets out of hand and overwhelming for me they go in crates. If the bark i ignore them any attention is attention and they will keep doing it... Breath it gets better. <3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
When it gets out of hand and overwhelming for me they go in crates. If the bark i ignore them any attention is attention and they will keep doing it... Breath it gets better. <3

Let me add Colonal.ADHD was a mess when I got him. I not only had to train a dig out of control I had to try and get it though my BF skull on what to do and how to handle things. Okay i still do sometimes. .. Let me see if I can find his video. can't find it on my phone let me look at YouTube. .

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.