Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Pooping on the floor.

My Lola started pooping on the floor yesterday. She did it twice yesterday and so far twice today. We have a new puppy and when she see's the puppy go on the floor she will go smell it right away and then she will go! WTH? The puppy has been doing great on the litter box training and had more poop accidents than pee and Lola doesn't seem to care when she goes in the litter box its just when Lucy goes on the floor. Are we having a set back out of jealousy because of the new puppy? Lola loves the new puppy and they play tell they are both worn out and she seems happy and really excited around Lucy so Im not sure why she is doing this. Thank you in advance!

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pooping on the floor.

bump

Crazy Bulldog Lady Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I would guess she is retesting her boundaries to see if the rules have changed now that the puppy is in the house ... she can see the puppy doing it and not getting in trouble so maybe she thinks the rules have changed for her too??
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

I live with 2 porkers!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I have no idea so I'm just throwing out a thought, but is it possible to bring Lola outside with you everytime you bring the puppy too?

also, have you used the spay that removes the smell to lessen the attraction in those spots?

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Lucy is not going outside right now she is using a litter box full of paper litter. The puppy right now is doing great and has very few accidents right now. Lola goes out by herself and I have bells on the door that rings and will sit and wait but yesterday and today she doesn't even go to the door. That is very unlike her! I think she trying to see how far she can push but my question is how do I stop it? I could understand if she was going to the door and I just didn't see her there or even if she was going by the door but she has went all over the living room and kitchen and once in my hall way. Im not noticing any warning signs but I can see I need to watch her closer and see if she is giving me signs.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

If they smell were one has gone, you will have the tendency to go on that spot. try to clean it up and use either the spray that will eliminate pet odor or use bleach and water to clean it, unless it is on a wood floor, then I wouldn't use the bleach.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I have the natures miracle urine destroyer spray and have been using it but the puppy has only had a accident a handful of times and Lola is not going in the same spot. I guess I will just go back to the basics and take her out every two hours and hope that helps!

Real Name
    Dominique
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Briley
    Likes (Received)

I'm not sure, but maybe she is doing it with dominance in mind? Kinda like saying "this is still my house and I'm in charge" to the puppy?
    I'm not too sure, but just wanted to say I hope it gets better!

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Heather
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brileythebully View Post
    I'm not sure, but maybe she is doing it with dominance in mind? Kinda like saying "this is still my house and I'm in charge" to the puppy?
    I'm not too sure, but just wanted to say I hope it gets better!
    Yes something like that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    I them so much!!!! My life has changed so much since 7/2011
    Colonel 5 yrs old (2011 - Current) -- Ella May 3 yrs old (2012 - Current)
    RIP~ Bebe (2011-2014) 9 yrs old

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diva
    Likes (Received)

Our 4 year old bulldog has started doing this very same thing! Suddenly, she refuses to go outside anymore. When she does this, she gets her @$$ whipped and put in the crate for a couple hours. This sort of works but not really
    I kiss my bulldog on the lips too!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DivisionByZero View Post
    Our 4 year old bulldog has started doing this very same thing! Suddenly, she refuses to go outside anymore. When she does this, she gets her @$$ whipped and put in the crate for a couple hours. This sort of works but not really

Youre kidding right? You don't really spank her for accidents..do you? It won't work and you will have much worse issues.
    Why won't she go outside? There has to be a reason. Maybe not one that's that noteworthy to you..but something changed for her. It's your job to figure that out and work around it. Is her health ok? Have you had her the entire time or is she in a new situation? Moved? Something..

Please understand..I am not lecturing you..just trying to figure out what has changed for her. And did you know that using the crate for punishment will totally undo her crate training. Positive reinforcement..put her on a lead in the house, watch her closely, see what is happening for her.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post

Youre kidding right? You don't really spank her for accidents..do you? It won't work and you will have much worse issues.
    Why won't she go outside? There has to be a reason. Maybe not one that's that noteworthy to you..but something changed for her. It's your job to figure that out and work around it. Is her health ok? Have you had her the entire time or is she in a new situation? Moved? Something..

Please understand..I am not lecturing you..just trying to figure out what has changed for her. And did you know that using the crate for punishment will totally undo her crate training. Positive reinforcement..put her on a lead in the house, watch her closely, see what is happening for her.
    Good for you!!!!
    You are exactly right JAKEISGREAT!!!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads