Help Needed! Pooping on the floor.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My Lola started pooping on the floor yesterday. She did it twice yesterday and so far twice today. We have a new puppy and when she see's the puppy go on the floor she will go smell it right away and then she will go! WTH? The puppy has been doing great on the litter box training and had more poop accidents than pee and Lola doesn't seem to care when she goes in the litter box its just when Lucy goes on the floor. Are we having a set back out of jealousy because of the new puppy? Lola loves the new puppy and they play tell they are both worn out and she seems happy and really excited around Lucy so Im not sure why she is doing this. Thank you in advance!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I would guess she is retesting her boundaries to see if the rules have changed now that the puppy is in the house ... she can see the puppy doing it and not getting in trouble so maybe she thinks the rules have changed for her too??

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I have no idea so I'm just throwing out a thought, but is it possible to bring Lola outside with you everytime you bring the puppy too?

also, have you used the spay that removes the smell to lessen the attraction in those spots?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lucy is not going outside right now she is using a litter box full of paper litter. The puppy right now is doing great and has very few accidents right now. Lola goes out by herself and I have bells on the door that rings and will sit and wait but yesterday and today she doesn't even go to the door. That is very unlike her! I think she trying to see how far she can push but my question is how do I stop it? I could understand if she was going to the door and I just didn't see her there or even if she was going by the door but she has went all over the living room and kitchen and once in my hall way. Im not noticing any warning signs but I can see I need to watch her closer and see if she is giving me signs.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
If they smell were one has gone, you will have the tendency to go on that spot. try to clean it up and use either the spray that will eliminate pet odor or use bleach and water to clean it, unless it is on a wood floor, then I wouldn't use the bleach.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have the natures miracle urine destroyer spray and have been using it but the puppy has only had a accident a handful of times and Lola is not going in the same spot. I guess I will just go back to the basics and take her out every two hours and hope that helps!

brileythebully

Jan 17, 2013
Houston
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Briley
I'm not sure, but maybe she is doing it with dominance in mind? Kinda like saying "this is still my house and I'm in charge" to the puppy?
I'm not too sure, but just wanted to say I hope it gets better!

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I'm not sure, but maybe she is doing it with dominance in mind? Kinda like saying "this is still my house and I'm in charge" to the puppy?
I'm not too sure, but just wanted to say I hope it gets better!

Yes something like that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

DivisionByZero

Jan 20, 2013
Midwest, USA
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Diva
Our 4 year old bulldog has started doing this very same thing! Suddenly, she refuses to go outside anymore. When she does this, she gets her @$$ whipped and put in the crate for a couple hours. This sort of works but not really :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Our 4 year old bulldog has started doing this very same thing! Suddenly, she refuses to go outside anymore. When she does this, she gets her @$$ whipped and put in the crate for a couple hours. This sort of works but not really :(

:ohmy:

Youre kidding right? You don't really spank her for accidents..do you? It won't work and you will have much worse issues.
Why won't she go outside? There has to be a reason. Maybe not one that's that noteworthy to you..but something changed for her. It's your job to figure that out and work around it. Is her health ok? Have you had her the entire time or is she in a new situation? Moved? Something..

Please understand..I am not lecturing you..just trying to figure out what has changed for her. And did you know that using the crate for punishment will totally undo her crate training. Positive reinforcement..put her on a lead in the house, watch her closely, see what is happening for her.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
:ohmy:

Youre kidding right? You don't really spank her for accidents..do you? It won't work and you will have much worse issues.
Why won't she go outside? There has to be a reason. Maybe not one that's that noteworthy to you..but something changed for her. It's your job to figure that out and work around it. Is her health ok? Have you had her the entire time or is she in a new situation? Moved? Something..

Please understand..I am not lecturing you..just trying to figure out what has changed for her. And did you know that using the crate for punishment will totally undo her crate training. Positive reinforcement..put her on a lead in the house, watch her closely, see what is happening for her.

Good for you!!!!
You are exactly right JAKEISGREAT!!!

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

Marizan

Feb 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Mishka
When my baby Mishka have accidents in the house suddenly, she is always sick! So I would advice 2 make sure you're bullie baby isn't ill. And if not start the every 2 hour potty outside thing!! Never hit them, they don't respond well 2 this! They resond by loads of positive re-inforcement!! Good luck
E32A.png

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Lola went pee on my couch day before yesterday again and I have to say I have had enough! My puppy Lucy who is almost 9 weeks uses the litter box and hasnt had a accident on the floor in almost a week. Lola on the other hand is a whole different story. She goes poo on the floor twice a day which is every time she goes poop and she will pee at least once if not more. I will take her outside and walk around with her and she will not go but the minute we come inside she will go all over. She knows she is doing wrong to because she will go and hide after. day before yesterday she got on the couch where Lucy was sleeping and went pee in her and the couch! That was the last straw not she is on a leash and can't get on the couch. Yesterday she didnt have any accidents in the house and we have went back to basics taking her out every hour. My question is when you make them stay off the couch how many days do you make her stay off? She really has been hating the not allowed on the couch thing and I think to her that is a major punishment. I really would like to trust her and I miss her snuggles, she has always slept between my legs in the recliner since the day I got her so this has been major for her. I don't want to punish her and put her in her crate because thats her bed and I don't want her to look at it in a bad way. She is still her loving self and good to the puppy its just her potty habits! To me I am taking it as she is trying to prove to the puppy she is alpha because this has started since bringing Lucy home. Anyone have any other advice? How how long to keep Lola off the couch?

DivisionByZero

Jan 20, 2013
Midwest, USA
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Diva
I just dont see it as an accident if she refuses to go outside. She is 4 years old and she knows where and where not to go. She only does this when she is left alone downstairs (she never learned to climb stairs) and I dont feel like carrying her up the stairs. Its out of rebellion.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.